nneeeeoi

candyfloss

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you give another hint ?

Before we start guessing, did this chap have some limited ability to comunicate in Thai?

When he used this was he generally excited? Pleased? Exacerbated or expressing alarm?

The transliteration seems a bit of a stretch, so maybe you can recall the circumstances of one ocasion in particular he used this ?

I haven't been reading the board much in recent years, so I'm not familiar with your language level.

Mai ow "Not yes" is a very common statement made by Thai's and one that is quickly picked up by ferang. It's more the extended way you stretch out the phrase "nneeeeoi" that makes me guess this.

Thanks for your help. It definitely was not Mai Aowh (as in Not Want) but more of a 'Neeeoooi'. He generally used it when a Thai bar girl approached him on no particular subject matter. The girl always smirked. I'd say he was utterly fluent in bar girl speak. It is Laos ? :confused:

Before we start guessing, did this chap have some limited ability to comunicate in Thai?

He had a very limited ability to communicate in any language.

When he used this was he generally excited? Pleased? Exacerbated or expressing alarm?

He wasn't an emotional man.

The transliteration seems a bit of a stretch, so maybe you can recall the circumstances of one ocasion in particular he used this?

I remember one occassion when he used it in Tonys Bar on SC. However he also used it in every other bar he went into. The common denominator though, was the presence of girls.

Archived