Crackdown article - from today's The Nation

Stickman

These are RapidoFreddy's details as taken from the Delphi list. I have also taken the photo that he provided if anyone wants it. It would be nice to know what the hell possesed him to do something totally stupid like the bogus letter.

Birthday: April 4

Astrological sign: Aries

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He apparently forgot to log out of The Nation site. When one followed the link he posted on Nanapong, the name of the "irate Thai woman" came up ... meaning he himself was the letter writer. His photo is also on the Delphi profile. Don't really recognise him though. But some bloodhounds are on his trial at the moment.

p.s. Viking immediately tore him up for falsehoods. e.g. The Nanapong board is based in Australia and is owned by an Austro-Brit, not any expats in Bangkok. The whole thread is still up on the Delphi nanapong message board. Nanaplaza also is NOT Thailand based either.

quote:

Originally posted by TheHamburger:

Logically that would mean that KhunDawg Rapidofreddy and Prapatsorn Watthanawong are all the same person.

The Hamburger

My thoughts as well!

Cheers,

Viking.

quote:

Originally posted by rictic:

These are RapidoFreddy's details as taken from the Delphi list. I have also taken the photo that he provided if anyone wants it. It would be nice to know what the hell possesed him to do something totally stupid like the bogus letter.

Birthday: April 4

Astrological sign: Aries

The log in from the Nation had a great deal more including a Thai address.

Some people?

Cheers,

Viking.

quote:

Originally posted by Khun Sanuk:

Hi,

All I will say about this is that I am NOT amused, and I figure that RapidoFreddy owes me, Nanapong and all the members of both boards an apology and explaination.

I also think that from now on I will insist on a link to the original article.

Sanuk!

So does that mean we can post links now? smile.gif" border="0))

Cheers,

Viking.

Rictic

There are actually two guys with the RapidoFreddy nom du plume depending on who got on the board first. One is German and one is American. I think you will find that the one posting is the German one. I have no idea why they chose the same name but I know it gives one of them constant problems with the other.

However, I would always be careful before starting a witch hunt to make sure you have the right guy.

quote:

Why doesn't the government address the main reason, namely the one that the majority of lower and middle class Thai families are completely dysfunctional - most fathers have long done a runner, the mother is living with her new husband/boyfriend, and the kids are emotionally left high and dry.

Excellent point, Scum. The problem is at the grasroot level, but like always, Thais like to play it out at another place, because the truth is just too scary.

Roland

Archived