size of child at delivery

dean

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations and best wishes!

While on the subject, does anyone know whether there is a requirement to get the child registered in his/her parents' home district, and whether there is a penalty (of, er, say 1,500 baht) to be paid if registration is done late? Just curious as to what degree of lie I'm being told, and how much I've been taken for...

Congrats again -

YimSiam

Mine has a caesarian at term plus 10 days with the baby at 3.83kg at birth (was estimated on ultrasound a few days before at 3.8kg so spot on). She had not dilated more than 1.5cm and dilation had stopped for days. She was very big and the caesarian was done for the health of the baby and the mother.

• 1 year later...

Knock Knock,

Let me in the Club please.

Our 2.99 kgs / 50 cms little guy has joined the club.

1. Babies are expensive.

2. They should come with Instruction Manuals.

3. Hospitals should have a 3 day return policy!

Other than the initial - WTF do I do now moments, at least his health is good so far.

So, where do I get my signing bonus?

• 2 months later...

I am 6 foot 3 and 215 pounds, and our son was just under 9 pounds. While he was a big baby, he was smaller than I was at birth. On the other hand, he is now huge for a kid his age (99th percentile in height, 90th in weight). I asked my wife's OB/Gyn about this shortly before he was born. The doctor had been an army OB?gyn in the early 70s and delivered alot of Asian/American kids. He said that Asian women seemed to have the ability to carry and deliver large babies, more so than Caucasian or African women.

My wife delivered our son without pain meds or complications. After seeing that, I am now scared of my wife.

Archived