GF wants more

fool

My GF wants me to move in with her. She knows my kids are my world and says she understands my parental responsibilities. Wife does not particularly want me to leave even though we are no longer much more than good friends. Feel really shitty all round. Sure I will get crap for this but just keep going round in circles, can't seem to get a grip.

What a great start to the New Year huh?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My tip is never ever move in with someone you just like.

You will ruin your life as it is much harder to get out of something, once in a married/quasi marital relationship - guilt trips, financial dependence and subsequent demands for same, violence, extended family leeches etc ...

So, get a grip and as some scholar on this board writes, swim against the tide, it may be a harder hoe but it has its rewards, don't end up as a dead fish swept out to sea.

No divorce considered. Guaranteed full support for wife and kids and only want my space. Figuring out if you like or love someone is something I personally find really tough unless one of two conditions is met, either enough time together has passed to really know, or something comes along that you immediately recognise as unique. This is the latter and is truly the first time I have ever known this.

She knows my kids are my world and says she understands my parental responsibilities.

How old are your kids? If old enough, have you mentioned this to them? I wouldn't make a decision before asking for their thoughts on the matter.

I am the last person who should offer advice on this matter, for reasons well documented!!

So, I won't....

Suffice to say, that trying to "Row 2 Thai boats"... is not an easy task..(So a close "Friend" told me!!)

I wish the OP well in whichever "Highway" he chooses to follow and respect his dedication to his existing Family

Good Luck

Cheers DS

The fact that your wife does not want you to kleave is hardly grounds to rub her nose in it and import the new model. Just asking for trouble that is.

Can't you just get your oats outside the family home and stay over a couple of nights a week ? Me thinks your wife has not given up on your marriage yet ! Be careful.

Archived