Official - Euro 2008 -

Mentors

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
like you i enjoyed the Game and good to see the Turks luck run out at last.

about time they lost to a late winner after all of theirs.

the Turks were the better Team and should have won but Germany were Germany.

they don't always play well but grind out results and that is a sign of a good Team.

no-one can play fantastic Football 100% of the time.

Glad to see some people who understand the game. I would have liked a more dominant kraut team, but this is a tournament. See how great the Dutch played and how poor in the last game.

And Troy: Who would you put in our goal instead of Lehmann? Hildebrandt and Enke are just mediocre. Adler and Neuer are not ready yet. And Pröll is injured! So for this tournament, Lehmann is the best choice.

Anxious to see who our opponent will vbe on Sunday. I would guess Russia.

MaW

@ MaW & Sayjann

I am glad it was exciting for you, for me it was very disappointing, having said that I was wearing Germany glasses and my team wasn't performing well.

It was a semi final and probably you can't expect a great match and still they played the B-Team of the Turks and the Turks showed heart and passion and the Germans played uninspired and nervous.

Germany was playing 5 matches and only 2 of them were good. Germany used to win tournaments with boring football in the past and we go a reputation for that. I thought these times were over at the WC 2006 and during the qualification but now we are back where we have been before, we gonna win titles and we win them lucky and the sad thing about this is that we could actually play a good ball like we have showed against Portugal. I would have never believed we could beat them, the first goal against Portugal was brilliant and the whole team had a whole different Body Language as last night.

Yesterday I was already pissed off after 10 minutes because the team was freezing up. After the ridiculous decission of the referee in 2nd half when Lahm was fouled it was a bit better due to the adrenalin rush that came with it and during the time when there was no picture they played kinda well (saw it on Switzerland TV)but then again they froze up because they knew the Turks would come back anyways instead of fighting that they wouldn't.

Germany has the better players as the turks but they take this advantage from themsleves when they play horizontals passes, what it needs is 1 to 1 situations where you play out your skill against your opponent players, this happnend 2 times and we scored twice, if they had played this way all the time like that the Turks would have given no chance, instead we played incomplete passes and motivated them to grow on our fear.

Anyways I really hope the Russians will make it since it is fantastic to watch them and it would proof all people wrong regarding the things they say about too young players. If Spain goes to the finals I have no doubt that Germany will beat them, it is a big name and we know how to destroy their game.

Regarding Jens Lehmann...

I don't know if Hildebrand is mediocre, I am too far away to judge but at least he fought his way back into his team, Jens Lehman is a whole season bench warmer and finally took the spot in Stuttgart that was too low for Hildebrand. I have my problems with Enke, I already find it hard to look at him, which is silly but thats just how it is, lol. I haven't seen him play great. Neuer is making too many mistakes, Adler owns the future, Pröll ?? I know where you live now, lol. I'd also suggest to look at Markus Miller in 2 years or so.

Anyways, it was wrong to put Lehmann into the goal 2 years ago, Oliver Kahn was the better goalie back then and he is certainly today, I wonder what this guy would have done in his very last tournament, knowing these are gonna be his very last macthes of his career. We will never know and yeah you are right, Lehmann might be the best choice under these circumstances but his time was over 2 years ago anyways which is the first time ever in in history where the Germans dont have a good goalie!

CT,once again good to have you back...... :thumbup:

i certainly agree that Germany are not playing well but results matter not performances.

only Team to score in every game so far and 6 Goals in the last 3 games.

shows they are creating chances while the defence is hanging on by the skin of their teeth sometimes.

Lehmann was a disaster against Turkey and should not be playing for the National Team,but i don't know anything about his understudies to comment about them.

but Wenger obviously saw the writing on the wall last Season.

i actually like watching the Germans.

CT, good to see you alive and kicking but I wonder if you ever played football yourself. Playing against a B-team isnâ??t as easy as it looks on paper. The second crop of player isnâ??t necessarily worse than the first. They are definitely better rested and eager to prove their skills. Additionally the psychological effect comes into play and with it games like yesterday easily happen.

Look at Poland, Romania, and Greece in the group stages they all lost to B-teams who even had no pressure. Other famous examples are the world cup final in 1990 where half of the Argentinean team has been suspended or injured. Germany won 1-0 on a late penalty. On the other hand at the WC 2002 Germany had their best game against Brazil despite their best player Ballack been suspended. At that level it is all psychology.

Yes, Germany played poorly and Turkey put up a great fight, nevertheless Germany deserved to win as they scored a goal more. I am happy and hope they will face Spain on Sunday.

Archived