Official - Euro 2008 -

Mentors

Germany Vs Portugal, kick off in 1.5 hours.

Strength of the German team is the midfield.

Upfront, they strangely put Mario Gomez to partner Klose. This Mario guy is embarrassing, quite similar to another German forward, a bald head called Jenken in the year 2000 team. These two just don't how to play. Klose is just an average forward , lacking skill and speed, but has a superb header ( smiliar to Bierhoffe in the 1996 squad ).

If Germans can lop some high flying balls from the two flanks, it can create some trouble to the Portugese.

German defense appears susceptible.

Portugese are quite well balanced except forward Nuno Gamez who is struggling, but not embarrassing. Portugal lost tyhe title to the Greeks ( losing twice ) in 2004 all due to a totally useless and a burden centre forward, called Polatta who does not know how to play at all.

C. Ronaldo can dribble the ball at a good pace. He also has a excellent header.

On paper Portugal has an edge, also got an advantage if the game is dreaded to penalty shots -- Ricardo specialty.

Portugese players are known to make dumb mistake from time to time, they need to remain calm here to ride it over.

where did you get the Info that Gomez and not Podolski would be playing?,wherever it was some one was very wrong.

i think you are talking about Carsten Janker who i quite liked.

a good old fashioned forward was no namby pamby.

the German Defence is rarely bad.

they have their off Games like any other Team but like the Italians they let in less Goals then many other top Teams.

oh yes the Portugese know how to make a mistake.....2 even...... :doah:

the 2nd and 3rd Goals were terrible Defensive mistakes.

but i had to laugh when Ballack pushed his Chelsea Team-mate in the back to get his Goal.

i would love to be a fly on the wall when they meet up at Chelsea for pre-season training.

the game was a story of many Competitions.

one Team(Portugal)peaks in the Group Games while another(Germany)starts slowly and then gets stronger.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like some Croat just scored after 119 minutes.

They should just do the shoot-off first and get it over with.

BREAKING NEWS: Some fucker from Turkey just scored.

Why did both sides wait so long?

I don't know what the next procedure is. Hard to plan a riot when you don't know the outcome, but I'll keep you all posted.

Your intrepid American reporter.

Archived