Sponsors - random opinion

HeartThais

I think Iâ??m a pretty rational guy. Iâ??m a number-cruncher by profession and proud of it in a geeky sort of way. Not a bean-counter but someone who attempts to model things as precisely as humanly possible using the most precise of languages. I wear it as a badge declaring I donâ??t make money by manipulating other peopleâ??s emotions (I did for many years as a management consultant) which I think is as an unfortunate and disgusting tragedy others are forced to endure or even enjoy.

Reason tells me that sponsorship doesnâ??t work 99% of the time for all the obvious reasons. Relationships donâ??t work most of the time. Throwing money and the power imbalance into the mix only magnifies the problems.

But sometimes, Iâ??m reminded weâ??re also creatures of emotion. There are indescribable rewards to feeding the heart. The regrets only come after and we usually judge our decisions in the after. We give advice to other people in our after but forget they are still in their present. Itâ??s the same equation viewed from two different perspectives. Both formulations are equally valid but canâ??t make sense to the other.

Iâ??ve met a lot of people in LOS whoâ??ve become wise with regret (sometimes their own, often otherâ??s) but I donâ??t like hanging out with them. They are highly likely to be jaded, hardened people. Lots of them are quite funny to be around but I could never be 100% comfortable around someone who can really view people as nothing but warm fuck machines. You know who you are. Youâ??re the ones thinking Iâ??m a fruity faggot right about now.

So I say if the guy can afford it, heâ??s much better off being the sponsor than the jaded prick. You canâ??t put a price on feeling. Iâ??d rather hang out with the guy whoâ??s been divorced 6 times and looks at me with complete sincerity and declares the 7th one is absolutely the one heâ??s been waiting for all his life. Who wants to hang out with bitter divorcee that is constantly telling you that women are nothing but vampires?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Who wants to hang out with bitter divorcee that is constantly telling you that women are nothing but vampires?"

Yes, the "constant complainers" I call them. That gets old quick. Don't mind if they feel that way, but shut the fuck up already about it and have some fun. Although the rose colored spectacled wanker can be boring to listen to as well I feel. You just want to give them a dope slap. The Thailand 'apologists' get to me too. Give me the live and let live party guys who just want to have some fun, have a few drinks, and fondle pretty lasses and later get laid. They seem the happy go lucky sorts who don't let it all bother them and don't go on and on about the bullshit. A lot of the punters and expats here have issues. Deal with them, shaddup and buy a round, how about the tits on that one ... number 22. White knights, black hearts, and emotional cripples are boring. They should screen for them at customs. :)

DS,

Oh, I have much more these days to be able to show you in Surin. :thumbup: :) You might even forget the lovey dovey down in Bangers and spend much more time in the City of Chang and drunken debauchery! I have a few you need to meet. And hopefully the new music joint by my house will be open by the time you get here. Many places to visit on a night out, freelancer spots galore, new bars, new dancers, the city rocks at night. It ain't Bangkok, but it'll do for the provinces. :thumbup: We'll have some fun. :content:

Get yer ass up here.

p.s. DS, I hope you are buying a vehicle up here! I ain't driving that fucking heart of darkness highway shitfaced to get your ass home of an evening out. :nahnah: No problem anyways, as I now know a few cheapo hotels you can crash in with a 'date' for a lousy couple hundred baht a night. One for 400 baht a night isn't bad at all, and not likely to have the wife find it either! 555555! AC, ceiling fan, large frige, hot water shower, all new paint, wallpaper, tiled floors, etc., and in the heart of town but off a side soi with little chance of the vehicle being spotted. There are others too with screened/curtained parking space or parking in the back of the place out of sight. You could be in for a great time out in the 'boonies' of Surin! 555555! And you thought you'd be being a good boy up here!!!!

Archived