Visa to US for Thai Lady in Prague

ROOSTY

You have misunderstood what you were told. There are no income or any other type guarantees that can be given for a US tourist visa. I suspect what you were told (in error) was what was required for a spousal visa which does require a US citizen to file a form stating their income. For the tourist visa all that is required is for your wife to prove her ties to you and her ties to your home country. See Philâ??s post as that is someone who has actually done the process and is not really on a phone with a bureaucrat.

I do agree that if your wife will have a Belgium passport soon and you have no pressing need to visit the US, you might as well wait and save the $100 or so the tourist visa costs, but you are wrong if you thing your wife cannot get a visa on her own. As I said, if she applied and showed her Belgium resident visa, marriage certificate (Thai or Belgium) and maybe a letter from employer (if she works) she would get one with no problem Nothing would be required from you.

TH

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have misunderstood what you were told. There are no income or any other type guarantees that can be given for a US tourist visa. I suspect what you were told (in error) was what was required for a spousal visa which does require a US citizen to file a form stating their income. For the tourist visa all that is required is for your wife to prove her ties to you and her ties to your home country. See Philâ??s post as that is someone who has actually done the process and is not relying on a phone call with a bureaucrat. . Out of curiosity was this a local employee you spoke to or an American? In what language was the phone call?

I do agree that if your wife will have a Belgium passport soon and you have no pressing need to visit the US, you might as well wait and save the $100 or so the tourist visa costs, but you are wrong if you thing your wife cannot get a visa on her own. As I said, if she applied and showed her Belgium resident visa, marriage certificate (Thai or Belgium) and maybe a letter from employer (if she works) she would get one with no problem Nothing would be required from you.

TH

Well you can learn a lot being with a person straight for 90 days.. Out of their country.

My wife and I spent a great deal of time in LOS.

but it was when I had holiday times there. No hassle about work etc.

She came over on a K1 visa.

Put her in my semi truck and off we went.

60 days later we knew that we wanted to marry.

Yes we have had a few rough spots, but we are still together.

The tourist visa, is kinda tricky, from what I hear, but it can be done.

Good luck and happy trails.

tell him twice that will shut him up!

I needed to read it twice, so thats ok ! :beer:

TH,

I might have misunderstood, it was more than 2 years ago. The call (that you have to pay for !) was done by me in English to an American employee, that I still remember.

And we were not maried then....

Anyway, checked the website and the requirements today, looks simple if one follows the procedure, cost is ~ Euro 140 or ~ USD 182 for the tel call for the appointment, the interview and the envelop to return the passport with or without visa. And she is certainly entitled to a visa as she fits all requirements, as long as I back her up, as she has no official income (which was my argument from the beginning to the OP)... :closemouth:

And I did mention this to her, and with the crisis, prices are down and she wants to go this summer :) Also meeting the naturalisation lawyer thursday, so we'll see....

Maybe we'll be in the US soon.....

BB

There is no income requirement or even proof of means of support during the visit for a US tourist visa. All that is required is compelling evidence the applicant will return.

TH

Proving Ties Outside The United States

U.S. law requires most applicants for nonimmigrant visas to establish to the satisfaction

of the consular officer that he/she is not an intending immigrant. Applicants can do this

by showing evidence of their family, economic and other social ties to a country outside

the U.S. No relative, employer, or friend can â??guaranteeâ? an applicantâ??s return in place

of such evidence. Regardless of who is sponsoring the trip, the consular officer must

look at the applicantâ??s own situation to decide whether he or she meets these

requirements. Under the law, the visa applicant has the burden of proving that he or she

is qualified. Misrepresenting material facts will bar you from receiving a visa or entering

the U.S. for the rest of your life.

And still invalid. Just because there is a question on the application does not mean there is any requirement.

I certainly would not consider her putting your name and identifying you as her husband in addition to having your name as accompanying her "backing her up" in anyway. If she were to apply and put herself as paying for it, even with "housewife" as occupation, they wouldn't bat an eye. The important documents are her long term visa and marriage certifcate.

Since I seem to remember you saying after the US instituted fingerprinting on entry of all non-US citizens, you would never visit, I think you are not even attempting to be objective about this and trying very hard to make it sound difficult when it is not.

TH

Archived