A revisit to Pattay after 12 years

Torneyboy

A week or so ago we visited Pattaya ..i was last there in 1997..and hated it ..

Dirty beach and surrounds and just an overall not my sort of destination.

My son whom lives and works in Sweden was coming to Thailand for a week or so with his best mate ..have not seen him for over three years ..his friends parents live at Koh Chang..so we booked for a quick visit.

As it worked out we would have to meet in Pattaya and stay one night ..we chose the Dusit D2..four months old ultra modern hotel and a fantastic hotel .

We met in the foyer of our hotel and we decided to head to walking street ( five minute walk)for drinks and dinner.

Now my son likes a drink as do we ..however not knowing what goes on in Sweden was a little shocked at the booze that was being consumed :beer: ..he is in the top three or four bartenders in Stockholm...does many corporate gigs as well as his main bar job....can take home over 300AUD in tips a night :p

So he starts with a dry martini ,then a shot of gin (not happy with the first said watered down )..then a glass of champagne and then a beer ..all why i sipped on a JW and Diet coke ....paid the over 3000thb bill and went in search of dinner.

We chose one of the over water seafood restaurants ...food was good he chose a lobster at 2000thb (not a surprise) .. :grinyes: after the opening drinks..i hope my wife has some cash on her as i will not last the night at this rate.. :angel:

After dinner the plan is to meet up with his friend and his parents that he has not seen for over two years as well..the boys had been in Pattaya a few days by now so knew the layout ..and took us to the Rolling Stones bar on walking street ...this is a large bar on a corner so next to it is a very small bar maybe seat 20 customers but gives full view of the RSB and not to noisy as we wanted to talk...

After a couple of beers for him and another Jw for my wife and i his friend arrives ...settle down to drinks and chat ..then my boy pulls out a couple of cuban cigars ..(his friends birthday) and orders Congac i don't think the girls had ever poured one before as they were given triples in my opinion.... :grinyes: after at least four more of these i paid the bill touch over 5000...when his friends parents arrived we had a clean slate ...his dad rang the bell :doah: ..no problem only the six bar girls at the time..we had one or more drinks and left them to it ..to meet up next day ..and was decided they would fly to BKK late next day and we would put them up in a room at the Pathumwan Princess hotel where we were staying and enjoy another night before we head to airport..

We find out next day the old bell got a few more rings before they left ....not sure how much the second bill was but would have been hefty ...my boy paid a bar fine 500 and 1100 long time for one of the girls as a birthday present for his friend ..he wanted to get a Khatoey ..but thought better of it ... :grinyes:

Good time was had by all ..Pattaya is still filthy and trust i never have to go there again...the boys were walking along the beach on the first day and were offered all sorts of illegal substances ...i had warned them about this and they refused and kept walking away ...

Will add some pics soon..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

thanks for that lot, looks like you had fun. you could however used a post for each sentance to increase posts, c'mon tb, what a waste!

Archived