Recommendations for fun along the MRT (subway) route?

doxx

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

To update:

From MRT station Sukhumwit, I have 2 minutes walk to Soi Cowboy and 5-7 minutes walk to Nana Plaza.

From MRT station Silom, I have 5-7 minutes walk to Patpong.

No real reason to pay for BTS then IMO.

....No real reason to pay for BTS then IMO.

You should have mentioned that you travel on the underground for free (how do you manage that?) but even so I wouldn't do the sweaty walk from Nana to Asoke to save 25 baht.

:)

However cheap, I can't justify buying another ticket when destination is within walking distance. It's also a silent protest against the MRT and BTS not having a joint transit card (as similar systems do in other countries). Besides, the girl will wash me before the fun in many cases so no problem arriving sweaty.

but even so I wouldn't do the sweaty walk from Nana to Asoke to save 25 baht.

Love that walk. One of the finer things in life. Stop for some pineapple/mango/melon on the way to either destination. Absorb the pagan rituals acted out up and down sukhumvit.

It is especially meaningful with headphones on listening to Joe's Garage. I will attest to this.

Skytrain has its place... but strolling the Suk is not to be taken for granted.

Oh please dear god no.

Just go easy on the durian carts if you're not packing mints.

• 2 weeks later...

There are tons of sex to be had along the MRT line... all aboard :)

Hualamphong

* Lao girls sitting on the pavement and selling Som Tum and alcohol to lo-so Thai guys right in front of the station exit. Some are there most weekend nights. Yes, they are up for it (though I never tried).

* Cross the canal and walk into Mitr Maitri street (one with Cleopatra massage sign), towards the traffic circle. Tons of street girls, 200-800 baht ST (some are rough, some OK). Some action in daytime too (but most at night).

Silom (BTS interchange)

* Down Silom road, 200m away is Patpong.

* Up Rachadamri (exit towards Lumpini park), there are very nice looking streetwalkers along the park after ~10 pm in the evenings. Even more along Sarasin, north side of the park. I've been quoted 1000 baht ST, and they look quite good (Thai taste).

Sukhumwit / Asoke (BTS interchange)

* Soi Cowboy & Thermae, obviously, as well as all the freelancers.

Phetchaburi

* Turn left and go along the dark road (Kampheng Phet 7) ~100m north of the MRT station. Lots of streetwalkers in groups, pimped, 1500 ST. Most customers are Thai and take a taxi or car, but walking is OK (easier to see).

Thailand Cultural Center

* Rachada Soi 6 and Soi 4 have many Thai-style discos, some coyote dancing etc. Plenty of working girls too (and normal lo-so girls as well).

Huay Kwang

* Naughty massage parlor (MP) central. 10s of big massage parlors (huge buildings with a lot of neon, can't miss them).

Sutthisan

* Few big MPs as well along Rachada.

* There are some big Thai agogo bars on Sutthisan road (and some funny barber shops), but those are far from MRT (closer to Phahon Yothin intersection).

Chatuchak (BTS interchange)

* Nothing worth a mention...

Kamphaeng Phet

* Not familiar with the area, but at night it has a lot of small Thai bars / drinking venues. Unconfirmed/unexplored, but has potential.

Note that only Patpong, Sukhumwit & some MPs are easy-to-use for a Farang newbie, in other places you need to be a bit adventurous (speaking Thai helps).

Thanks! Great post!

I'll second the motion. Got some seeds of exploration planted.

And on Nov 15th the proverbial saga continues. See you then BKK.

"soon you'll see my silhouette

darkening your door..

I can almost taste it

I want more"

-the great American - David Lee Roth

Archived