A TG you and a restaurant.

radioman

But where? Street stalls are everywhere but not really the ideal. Hole in the wall Thai food places ten a penny but unless you know a really good one they can be hard to choose one over another and then very variable. Upscale posh places with aircon and tablecloths, okay but often pretentious and seldom worth the premium prices based on the food alone.

So what I'm after is something a little different and don't mind a little distance to smaple it. Must be Thai food and a varied menu, not just somtam, tom yam and larb. Less than 1000 baht for two with a beer or two included, a degree of intimacy and cosiness , not a private room but not the public eating that is a street stall on Sukhumvit.

Your suggestions welcome.

Ta.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love Scene restaurant on Soi 23.

Thon Krueng Thong Lo Soi 13.

Know 'Lurve Seen', as a friend once spelt it in an sms, quite well. A bit of a hole in the wall sort of place but have always found the food good. Lots of Cowboy girls take their punters there to eat before the action starts, heard it's owned by the Tilac gang.

Will try to check out the one on Thong Lo 13. Is it near the entrance to the soi or further down where it runs into Sukhumvit 49?

Thanks

You may be surprised to hear that most Thai girls love pizza.

I still have fond memories of sitting in a Pattaya pizza place showing bargirls how pizza should be eaten by hand rather than with a knife and fork like the rest of the Thai customers were doing.

Ha, well not this one, pizza=buear, spaghetti=buear, KFC=buear, McD=buear. Will rarely eat bread or cakes and doesn't particularly like potatoes. Other than Thai food I'd say Japanese is her favourite but we've done a lot of that recently.

RM,

Try Kling Khao on Soi 22. Northern Thai foods. It is on the Wash Square side of 22 (left side heading from Suk). Just down a bit from the Washington Square entrance - heading away from Suk. I love the food there, as does my wife and every Thai I have brought in there liked it (farangs as well). Give it a try. Has 2 levels as well.

Cent

Archived