Cousin coming, some questions

khunsanuk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She can leave the kid with Julian whilst she traipses around northern Thailand. He'd be a good influence on him - teaching him how to play the didgeridoo and stuff.

:cover:

Plenty of family kids here he could doss with. Could get him inducted as a novice at the temple where he could learn the art of campanology at their new bell tower.

Yes, 60 day tourist visa is definitely the way to go. Could have all sorts of petty hassles otherwise.

If she's travelling through Laos from China, then no doubt she will pass through Kunming. A mate of mine just got a 60 day tourist visa at the Thai consulate there for free. They wanted to see a return ticket to China (unusual if you get a visa?), so he just got a reservation letter from a travel agent which was acceptable, picked up his visa then went and cancelled the reservation. Never paid. There's also a friendly Thai consulate in Shanghai.

But she can probably do the same in Vientiane.

:beer:

Vientiane is handing out 60+30 day single entry visas without hassles. The forms can be downloaded from ThaiVisa.com.

When I was there last year the queues were long and hot and people with kids were tearing their hair out.

The trick is to arrive the day before and be lined up when the gates open at 8.30am the next day(I think).

I agree with Moonoi.

I had no trouble trekking in the cold of Himalayas earlier this year, but jungle trekking in northern Laos near killed me ... the heat,humidity, and slippery steep jungle tracks. Some of the younger members in the group found it hard too.

As M suggests, do a half day trial run.

:beer:

The trick is to arrive the day before and be lined up when the gates open at 8.30am the next day(I think).

That's what I did when I made my visa run to V; got there early the first day took care of the paper work, went sightseeing after lunch. Next day same thing get there 08:15 line up get visa and catch afternoon flight to BKK.

S1

P.S. Check their schedule they take off every government and religious holiday!

Archived