Cousin coming, some questions

khunsanuk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

Luang Prabang, right, that might be quite nice as well. Was not aware you could move back into Thailand from there.

"KS, I'd say that 3-400 baht for a reasonable guesthouse isn't out of the question in Chiang Mai."

Right, but she's talking about 150 Baht :)

Sanuk!

Wife and I have stayed at some 200 baht guest house in CM. The places were really quite nice - except no air. As Julian2 has said, she probably will not need air.

Hi,

"The 30 day entry permit could be a problem. It can only be extended by 7 days in Thailand and she will get only 15 days additional if she does an in and out at a land border. She will be much better off to get a double entry tourist visa in her home country. That can be extended by 30 days for each entry which makes it useable for 6 months. Otherwise, she might have to go to Laos and get a double entry there."

Right, but way too late now as she is already traveling to BKK (she's in China now). Extending here by 7 days would be fine as she's already planning to go to Laos, she could get a 2 month one there. Then maybe do another border crossing towards the end of her trip if need be.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"KS - her kid sounds about the age of my young son - as we're just 105 km form the bridge to laos she'd be more than welcome visiting us and staying for a week if she'd be interested in a real village experience with kids similar ages."

Thanks for the offer. Will bring it up with her.

Sanuk!

PS Poor girl would be ruined for life after a week with your wife though :)

KS,

Take it from me as someone who has trekked in Northern Thailand almost 20 times, she is **MAD** if she takes a 3 or 4 year old kid on a jungle trek up there.

A lot of adults find it challenging let alone a child of that age.

If she is adamant about doing a trek, at least try and talk her into doing a morning or an afternoon trek rather than a 3 or 4 day trek.

Trust me - the kid will get tired, frustrated, hot, blistered feet and when staying overnight in Karen villages and the like, the facilities are VERY basic for the most part.

On top of this, I can't imagine a kid carrying a back-pack with everything they need for 3 or 4 days. (Although they can get porters, but this costs extra of course).

Archived