Autorun Virus - Thai origin ??

gawguy

I use internet shops and use a USB flash stick. A nefarious virus called "autorun" has jumped on it and onto all my drives and partitions in my room.

I came across "Autorun Killer" program and that seems to help. I still have some files on my drives though..I can live with them until I restore the drives from mirror images.

HOWEVER..I am going to Europe soon and carrying a new netbook. I have not exposed this netbook to the flash sticks nor have I put it online in Thailand - it is still clean. QUESTION: Looking at the autorun virus, it seems that it may be of Thai origin and mostly inhabit Thailand. Haven't encountered it in USA.

Is this true?

I need to load Yahoo messenger onto the netbook, I think I will wait until I get to Europe to download and install it.

Is autorun a Thai thing? I notice it changes adds a couple of Thai entries to the menus for partitions.

I doubt it is a Thai origin but probably was manipulated in Thailand. I came up with a similar virus and it got really nasty and began replicating itself all over the place. I was able to download an anti-virus program while I was in safe mode with internet and then went back to regular mode and ran the anti-virus.

It got the bugger.

Archived