Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

Flashermac

Wasn't there also some U.S. based immigrant activist group that either filed a lawsuit or wanted to, to have water and food placed across areas where illegals are known to cross so that they don't die in the desert? That took some balls but not really given the sensitivity of the subject and the politics of it all.

I still say NOTHING will happen on the borader until (and I hope to God it never comes to that) a terrorist strike happens as a result of their coming across the southern border.

Drugs and gun running. Significant effect on medical, educational and social services as well as law enforcement issues with crime has not been enough to change things. Even murder of Americans.

The only thing that advocates can't fight is domestic terrorism. What may seem as extreme in closing the border prior can't be argued successfully or even attempted to debate by even the Mexican president is domestic terrorism. The terrorists could even come across the northern border and it may be enough to argue against what may be regarded as draconian measures to seal the southern border.

US Cavalry patroled the border during WWII to watch for spies and saboteurs. Might come to that again.

I met a WWII vet once who'd been assigned to the border. He was a black guy from Los Angeles, and when he was drafted he was sent off to the cavalry. He said when the train arrived, there were a some buffalo soldiers and a horse-drawn wagon waiting to pick up the new guys. He looked at them in surprise and thought, "I didn't know the army still had horses." Not a bad way to spend WWII - nobody shooting at you anyway.

Drugs and gun running. Significant effect on medical, educational and social services as well as law enforcement issues with crime has not been enough to change things. Even murder of Americans.

Yeah, but on the plus side, you can buy cheap produce, and there is no shortage of minimum wagers at your local McDonalds.

Archived