Communication Solution Needed. Advice, Please?

Savittre

Hello, Guys,

I need something- I'm not sure what it is- that will let me phone North America, Australia, and Southeast Asian countries. I could be calling from Thailand or any of the places I've mentioned above. I would be calling to landline phones, mobile phones and maybe computers.

Consistently satisfactory call quality- e.g. landline grade if possible- is a must.

The solution I need could be something I could use with my Netbook (Acer Aspire One, running Windows 7 Starter). Right now, I use a MagicJack. Call quality can be great, but it isn't consistent. MagicJack call quality can also be such that conversation is impossible. I just can't have that.

OTOH, the phone service I need doesn't have to be something I can use with my Netbook.

What about Skype? I've downloaded the software, but I expect I'd need to set it up so that I could call landlines or mobiles. Before I do all of that, could anyone tell me if Skype delivers the call quality I need? My knowledge is limited.

I don't know much about the other technologies out there that might be what I need.

My top priority is call quality. Price/expense is secondary.

Many thanks, Geeks & Gurus!! :content:

Skype + voipdiscount + voipbuster + msn messenger + fishtext (for emergency SMS)

other solution is a professional conference calls system like the one used here but I heard it can be quite expensive, if you wish I can bother to ask what the monthly bill is.

(the system is used for calls to the US, all EU and some Asian countries, don't think we ever called to Thailand though)

Hello, Guys,

I need something- I'm not sure what it is- that will let me phone North America, Australia, and Southeast Asian countries. I could be calling from Thailand or any of the places I've mentioned above. I would be calling to landline phones, mobile phones and maybe computers.

Consistently satisfactory call quality- e.g. landline grade if possible- is a must.

The solution I need could be something I could use with my Netbook (Acer Aspire One, running Windows 7 Starter). Right now, I use a MagicJack. Call quality can be great, but it isn't consistent. MagicJack call quality can also be such that conversation is impossible. I just can't have that.

OTOH, the phone service I need doesn't have to be something I can use with my Netbook.

What about Skype? I've downloaded the software, but I expect I'd need to set it up so that I could call landlines or mobiles. Before I do all of that, could anyone tell me if Skype delivers the call quality I need? My knowledge is limited.

I don't know much about the other technologies out there that might be what I need.

My top priority is call quality. Price/expense is secondary.

Many thanks, Geeks & Gurus!! :content:

Works good for me.

Vonage

Archived