Is Singapore just like Burma with money?

tomyamtalae

Burma is having elections pretty soon. Obviously everyone knows the result already, as nobody there has any choice but to re-elect the same old regime.

The Burmese people live in complete poverty while their general live in mansions. And they’re rightly aggrieved. But what about over in Singapore, where the idea of democracy is just as fragile. I found a story here about human rights in Burma and problems in Singapore.

Elections in Singapore are just as rigged as those in Burma, with opposition parties effectively gagged, at least according to this report on Singapore security. I understand why Singapore gets away with this, as it’s a political powerhouse in the region, but why is it that you never hear about the problems there?

Is it because they’re just as good as keeping bad news from the foreign press as from domestic papers?

Well, a Dorothy Dix question, you obviously know what you want to hear.

I'd suggest Singapore is different in that it is a beneficial dictatorship, at least under the first two PM's, the latest, is not so hot, for it's citizens. No surprise but not often mentioned a lot of leading members of Singapore are actually "residents" and actually Malaysian citizens. Given Malaysia's activities, it's interesting to note this,

But the real question you need to ask is "Who are the Myanmar Regimes Bankers"

It will give you the answer you want a lot faster.

Archived