Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Coss, I have no emotion about the impeachment. Because in the end it doesn't mean Trump's removal. It's a feel good moment. If it affects the election against him, fine, I doubt it. No one is neutral on Donald Trump. every voter has an opinion because he is polarizing. 

Know this, Dems outnumber Republicans and if the Dems turn out he will lose re-election. This time around I think you will find turn out but only if the Dems give the people someone to get excited about. 

I like feel good moments, I also like people going to prison because they break laws.  I've (by an large) obeyed the laws and wish, that those who do not, get punished.

Because if I'd behaved, like a few millionaires I know and certainly like Donald Trump, I'd own an Island full of nubiles somewhere warm and be cared for, till the end of my days. As it is, I suffer at the economical end of society, because I behaved in a law abiding manner (mostly) when those around me didn't.

So, if you are a Dem or a Liberal and oppose Trump you can't get over losing the election and are looking to overturn an election. 

If you are a Republican who does it you were a 'never Trumper' or part of the 'deep state'. 

There is an excuse for everything. Nixon could have said the same. The one take away I get from this that is positive is that I'm 100 percent history will see it the way we do. There aren't too many people around who supported Nixon throughout it all who will admit to it. 

The same with this. They will have an excuse. Because there will be much more to come. A probably crash, more violations of the law, maybe Trump himself cracking up. It's going to be hilarious hearing the excuses. 

And to tell you if an impeachment is warranted or not historically, Clinton's impeachment is not looked at the same as Nixon's. History has awarded Clinton with his impeachment really about vindictiveness. What ever negative feelings people have about Clinton, being impeached justly isn't one of them. 

I am kinda 'meh' about impeachment. Is it deserved? Certainly, but the Senate won't convict. The only possible plus of the Senate trial is the Dems make an even more convincing case and the Republican senators look even more unethical as they already do. 

Tulsi Gabbard Was The Only Member Of Congress To Vote "Present" For Donald Trump's Impeachment

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard voted "present" on the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump, one of the sharpest splits she has made with the Democratic Party while seeking its presidential nomination.

"After doing my due diligence in reviewing the 658-page impeachment report, I came to the conclusion that I could not in good conscience vote either yes or no," Gabbard said in a statement from her presidential campaign after the vote.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also appeared surprised when she read someone voted "present" as she gaveled out the vote on the first article.

Gabbard said she is "standing in the center" with her present votes. "I could not in good conscience vote against impeachment because I believe President Trump is guilty of wrongdoing," she said. "I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country."

Gabbard, who is not running for reelection in Congress, has been all over the map on impeachment since the process began. In October, she appeared on Sean Hannity's Fox News show to criticize the lack of transparency of Democrats' impeachment process. “I don't know what's going on in those closed doors,” she said. This week, she introduced a resolution that would censure Trump, rather than impeach him. In her statement Wednesday night, she said the resolution would "send a strong message to this president and future presidents that their abuses of power will not go unchecked, while leaving the question of removing Trump from office to the voters to decide."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mattberman/tulsi-gabbard-impeach-trump-present?bfsource=relatedmanual