Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The conservative talking point that is repeated ad nauseum is 'there was no quid pro quo'. The impeachable act isn't a quid pro quo. Its Trump asking for a favor directly into investigating Biden and his son. Because this can affect the election that he is in. That's the issue. Had the FBI or Department of Justice investigated it. Fine. If this so called 'deep state' FBI or DOJ doesn't do it, Trump can't ask his personal lawyer to do it. That is simple and clear. 

If Biden and his son are guilty of anything, or needs investigating, fine. Absolutely no problem at all. As long as its done via the proper channels, by the FBI, DOJ or even the Congress. Trump can't do it himself and that's what has happened by Trump via his own conversation and the State Department highly improperly asking Trump's personal lawyer. 

Neither of these two guys you are posting about are an authority. They have an opinion, which they are entitled to. They are Trump supporters and that's all well in good. But the Congress has a right to investigate ANYTHING. The Congress has the authority to investigate any act of the President that may be illegal or impeachable. That's how things work. I'm not sure what the issue is. If its all a big 'nothing burger' then so be it. Hillary was investigated longer than any person ever by Congress. Longer than the investigation to into the JFK's assassination, the Nixon impeachment, the Iran Contra, the Clinton impeachment, the 9/11 commission all the way into her own election, with resulted in NOTHING happening to her. So, in light of that, I fail to see how this can be deemed improper given that precedent. Can't have it both ways buddy. 

We don't have the liberty of supporting investigations of only people we don't like ideologically. That's what despotic nations do. 

"We don't have the liberty of supporting investigations of only people we don't like ideologically. That's what despotic nations do."

55555555555 because that is exactly what "they" have been doing to President Trump!

The Dems are going after President Trump's soft base. In the 2016 election, there were millions that did not want to vote for Hillary, so they defaulted to vote for President Trump, that is the soft base.
The Dems will keep dragging up anything they can to try to color President Trump as just another Hillary so that soft base will vote for the Dem candidate.

President Trump needs to go on the offense and expose the corrupt FISA warrant and all the other crap that the Dems have been doing. It is disappointing that the Repub senate does nothing.

12 minutes ago, cavanami said:

President Trump needs to go on the offense and expose the corrupt FISA warrant and all the other crap that the Dems have been doing. It is disappointing that the Repub senate does nothing.

Waiting, still no beef.  Where's the beef?

giphy.gif

Special envoy to Ukraine resigns one day after whistleblower report released

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/27/politics/kurt-volker-resigns/index.html

White House restricted access to Trump's calls with Putin and Saudi crown prince

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/27/politics/white-house-restricted-trump-calls-putin-saudi/index.html

sdf.jpg.03af21974bffd56b6136d0981a7e0c31.jpg

Cav, I don't care who they are, if they did something wrong, by all means, investigate and if proof found indict. I'm neither a Dem or Republican these days. FISA warrants, Biden, Hillary, whatever, I don't care who it is, if the GOP has real dirt, fine. 

As for the Dems going after Trump for political reasons, its what BOTH parties do. Obama was heavily scrutinized as well. Is it good for the country? No. Is it legal? Yes. The Hillary server thingy had zero do with Benghazi. But that's what several years of investigations, looking for anything amounted to. It's hypocritical for the Republicans to complain about this investigation given that recent history. 

If this so called 'deep state' is so powerful that the Republicans controlling the White House, Senate and Supreme Court can't dismantle it, then its either beyond the power of both parties or its bullshit. Why vote for the Republicans if  they can't dismantle this so called 'deep state' when they are literally running the country (including a plurality of states as governors)? 

Anyway, even the 'summary' of the conversation is damming and Trump, shockingly admits to it and deems what is clearly illegal, as a 'perfect' phone call. Mind boggling. However, as I said, the fact that this is being conducted by the Pelosi led  Democrats is Trump's best ally. If Kamala or AOC is involved, then that's a game changer. Those two are pit bulls. The establishment Dems make the 3 Stooges look intelligent (btw, I went to a HS for a short time that Larry graduated from 😁 back in 1919 as well as Cosby)