Mailing a Postcard

hyaehus

Within a week, will be staying in the Sukhumvit area. A friend is anxious to receive a postcard mailed from Thailand...(too cheap to go there)....

I can find a postcard,,,,mailing to USA

How much postage, where to get the stamps and where to mail it close by Sukhumvit lower Soi area if possible...

thanks for any help...

You can mail the card from the Thai post office, located between Soi 4 and the Landmark Hotel. Cost to send is small baht. Option is to buy the stamps and mail from inside one of the hotels such as The Nana or Landmark. Both have mail drops inside.

HH

Mr. Cheap Charlie here...I carry a book of US stamps and mail my items at the US post box at JUSMAG for the cost of a US stamp.

The Thai postal service is also OK, cheap enough, like $1 USD or cheaper. Haven't mailed post cards in some years, lots of letters and docs, usually $1 ~ 2 USD depending on the weight.

I use the small shop to mail my items, on Sukhumvit, near Soi 95. Cute lady running the shop :hubba:

Within a week, will be staying in the Sukhumvit area. A friend is anxious to receive a postcard mailed from Thailand...(too cheap to go there)....

How much postage, where to get the stamps and where to mail it close by Sukhumvit lower Soi area if possible...

thanks for any help...

Take a snap of you with two horny naked bargirls and just email it to him, much fun, very cheap :beer:

thanks for any help...

Cost for overseas postcard by "air mail" is 15 baht stamps (sometimes you have to combine 10 baht and 5 baht stamps).

There's a few Pharmacies on Suk that have postcards in revolving racks in front of the store - they normally sell stamps too (if they have in stock - best to ask 1st).

There's also several Mailboxes on various street corners on Suk, - beleive they are red in color.

I've had some postcards I've sent take just over a month to reach US mainland, sometimes only 2 weeks.

on my first trip to Thailand back in 1999, my (American) GF and I found a postcard that someone had addressed in Thai, but obviously lost before they had the chance to add a message, etc...

not knowing Thai at the time, I did the best that I could, which was supply the "message" portion of the postcard, in Khmer, haha...

we then added postage and mailed it. we imagined (most likely correctly) that the hapless Thai recipient took it to their nearest monk for deciphering (most likely not effective since I wrote in colloquial Cambodian Khmer, not Pali "khorm") and, following that, some sort of exorcism ritual to cast out the evil black magic spirits, hahaha...

Archived