Uni access , final interview

Gentlemen ,

lovely Nok`s daughter gloriously passed the initial tests for Rajabhat Uni as one of 600 out of a total 5000 applicants . Not bad for a daughter of a farm rice dynasty who became pregnant with 16 and left school for 2 years . So who says the Isaan folks are lazy .

The problem now sounds as follows as far as I was able to penetrate the local habits :

There is a final interview with a guy of the Uni on April the 29th . Purpose unknown to me . Rumours have it that at the occasion an envelope with some cash would have to be present . Further investigation lets me believe that anything between 5000 and 10000 seems to be in order . This is all based on hearsay . I do not want the whole project to collapse only because something goes stupidly wrong in the final stages , therefore :

- Would she be better off anyway to appear with aforementioned envelope and how much would it have to show inside ?

- Could said envelope also lead into a desaster because the interviewer believes in high moral standards ?

- Is there any generally accepted way to present the envelope or should she just bang it on the table ?

Earliest suggestions highly appreciated , thanks in advance .

BuBi

Hopefully Flash will respond with his more informed opinion, but in my admittedly limited experience, the tea money is only required to overcome a lack of qualifications. The Rajabhat Universities are somewhat below the government universities and are markedly easier to get into so I doubt anything will be required to be paid.

If tea money is required, she will be suitably informed by someone involved with the admission process, such as at the interview. I doubt the envelope would be required at that time.

TH

To be honest, I have never heard of any such a thing. Allegedly Thaksin offered Thammasat one million baht to allow his son to study in the Faculty of Political Science after he had failed to gain a place, but the university refused. (Takky junior did get unto the Faculty of Engineering, but flunked out after one year. He just wasn't interested.)

I'd go with the locals and having something ready just in case. Still, you wouldn't want to offend them by offering up front if that is not what it's all about. I'm not much help on this one. I've never worked at a rachaphat (though I worked at one long before it was "upgraded").

Archived