And We're Back!

khunsanuk

Hi,

Check the bottom of a forum index page for a legend of each of those icons.

The black dot indicates a poll.

Uh... no, while the legend says it is a topic with a poll, looking at the list of topics that doesn't make any sense.

Sanuk!

Hi,

I couldn't see the legend.

Is it only visible to Admin?

Edit:

Just found the legend.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations KS. Hope the board survives the changing tides and doesn't find itself in that endless forum graveyard where most sit.

Appreciate the effort. I like the 'similar topics' thing at the bottom that is pulling threads back to 2003 that would've never looked at. Had a few interesting reads/chuckles.

Youtube? I see a 'media' button. Lets see what it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3rnxQBizoU

Pictures?

5975373704_86a2ab0206.jpg

Hi,

"I like the 'similar topics' thing at the bottom that is pulling threads back to 2003 that would've never looked at. "

Right. Not standard functionality but an add-on. It was free though and seems like a nice addition to me.

Speaking of add-ons, there are LOADS of them. Feel free to browse through the list (here) and let me know if any take your fancy. Always open to suggestions on how to improve the user experience.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"Before the board showed what posts was new since I last browsed a sub-forum. Now you always start to read a thread from the first post."

Click the little orange icon in front of the thread title. That will give you the desired effect.

"Another feature I miss is the "All" button. Nice to get all posts on one page if you have not read the whole thread before."

This one I believe is gone, although you can change the number of posts per page in your settings panel (click the little arrow next to your name in the black box at the top right of the page).

Sanuk!

I might be hard to please, but I don't really like that orange icon thing. It is far to easy to miss. I thought it was just some decoration and it is not intuitive what it does. If it was up to me, I would have removed the orange icon and move it's functionality to the thread title-link. If you want to re-read from the start, you can always press the page "1" link.

I also prefer the old way of showing new posts since last I visited the sub-forum rather than showing me the new posts since I visited that particular thread. Some threads I am not interested in, and it makes it easier to spot new posts in the threads I follow.

Anyway, kudos for having a very well presented forum.

Paillote

Hi,

"If it was up to me, I would have removed the orange icon and move it's functionality to the thread title-link."

You and a lot of other people, including me :)

I'll have a look at it tomorrow, might be able to fix this.

"I also prefer the old way of showing new posts since last I visited the sub-forum rather than showing me the new posts since I visited that particular thread."

Sorry, afraid I don't understand this one.

Sanuk!

"I also prefer the old way of showing new posts since last I visited the sub-forum rather than showing me the new posts since I visited that particular thread."

Sorry, afraid I don't understand this one.

Sanuk!

Sorry, not very clear. By sub-forum, I mean the groups like "General discussion", "News", "Nightlife" etc. Before the upgrade, if you visited a sub-forum you would see what posts was written since last time you visited that particular sub-forum. Now it looks like the board remembers what you have read in every single thread. So if I never read a particular thread, it will always show the posts in that thread as new (unread). I liked it better as it was "in the good old days" ;)

Best regards,

Paillote

Hi,

Ah, okay, I understand now.

If you are on a forum index page, look at the blue bar just below the 'Start New Topic' button. There is a link there called 'Mark this forum as read'. Clicking that will likely do what you have in mind.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Ah, okay, I understand now.

If you are on a forum index page, look at the blue bar just below the 'Start New Topic' button. There is a link there called 'Mark this forum as read'. Clicking that will likely do what you have in mind.

Sanuk!

I think he means, when he clicks on a forum, he wants to go directly to post(s) he has not yet read, in the thread, 122 replies - 7 unread, click and jump to the 7, for example.

The Forums page blocking, colors and font size and style are not easy on the eyes, spread across the field of white. What you do not need to read but once BIG/bright, and what you want small, blocking prevents smooth normal reading, rather your eyes have to refocus into box.

Spellcheck, needs to be download ?

Archived