Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

gobbledonk

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to you if you think that you can retire in Thailand nowadays making back to back tourist visas, it just does not happen anymore.

You have not thought this through to much have you!

I've thought about little else, but I plan to visit a few other countries before making a choice re where I am going to live. We can both list 10 good reasons not to live in Laos/Cambo/PI/Vietnam/wherever, but I'm not going to cross them off my list based on net scuttlebutt. Thailand remains the easiest option, but I have nothing tying me to the LOS.

BTW, I've got two years to 'think this through', but I admire your sense of urgency.

No Wonder you cannot wait to get back

You aint wrong Mekong - and unfortunately it has gone beyond the point of no return now - this weekend should be interesting. Anyone following my Trip Report will read about it in the next "chapter", and whatever happens in the next week or so.

How long is your train journey home ? My last two have been 7 hours. Made me appreciate the good old days when I used to sit around the domestic airport in Brissie waiting for my 60 minute flight back to Rockhampton. Roll on 2014.

my train journey is rather short compared to yours,around 100 minutes.

but is the quick train and i already find out the times before i return to Gatwick and like to have a beer or 2 and wait until after the rush.

my journey is on a main commuter route and often by the time i get on no seats and having to stand for a long time is not for me.

my train journey is rather short compared to yours,around 100 minutes.

but is the quick train and i already find out the times before i return to Gatwick and like to have a beer or 2 and wait until after the rush.

my journey is on a main commuter route and often by the time i get on no seats and having to stand for a long time is not for me.

Agree that would suck - I have an allocated seat and the only part where I have to stand is on the short trip from Mascot to Sydney's Central station. Its an early morning train, and a real shock to the system to see so many glum sods on their way to work.

Archived