Who Will Become The Next Us President

kamui

Who will become the next US president?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be elected the next president of the USA

• M. Romney will win by a wide margin. - The polls are all manipulated by the left and voter's opinions are overrated anyway
    • M. Romney will win with a tiny lead. - I know that minorities hate him (women, gays, guatemalans, e.g.), but he absolutely represents my values, which change at least twice a day.
    • B. Obama will win with a tiny, tiny lead. - That's what the polls say. Polls which don't agree are fake.
    • B. Obama will win by a wide margin. - His core electorate like women, blacks and Hispanics is mostly out of job anyway and has enough time to vote all day at different voting stations
    • I don't care. One US president is like another, just the color changes sometimes
    • Election? Where? Who? The BGs at Beach Road never told me about this.

SS - while it's obvious you are unhappy with the result, surely you aren't surprised? We haven't been subjected to continuous news about the US election but it has been mentioned in the Aus press, and as far as I read - Obama had it in the bad a while back. From what I read - Mitt was never going to get close, and if he did he would have done a terrible job.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny point of view considering the bankrupt state of the US after Bush with Obama bailing out Detroit and Wall street as a must, and he is still trying to clear rubble against an hostile Congress.

Really, if you all have the best interest of the country at heart, would you not work together instead of topedoing the president on daily basis ?

And what an awfull discusting campaning, shame on every one involved ?

You have the politicians that you deserve.....

BB

I dont think the Americans on the board will appreciate this, but BB's post lines up with a lot of what the Oz media have fed us down here.

- GWB and Dick Cheney were the architects of America's downfall, aided and abetted by Wall St's insatiable greed for 'endless' double-digit growth

- Obama inherited a hideous mess, made a lot of speeches that told people what they wanted to hear, but found himself stymied by a hostile Congress

- the US does not exist in a bubble, and no country is immune to events in Europe

I could drone on, but you've all heard it before. The reality is that this administration is now at the point where they have to make the reality match the rhetoric - no speech, regardless of how brilliant or impassioned it might be, is going to fix the US economy - they have 55 days to come up with something or we can ALL look forward to a deep recession. Think happy thoughts.

I guess it doesn't really. I just feel bad about my homeland's slide into steepening decline since the turn of the Millenium. The inescapable mathematics of irresponsible financial management are about to swallow up the future for everyone I left behind.

Don’t forget whose mismanagement it was...Bushit’s...deliberate neglect of the derivatives and mortgage market leading to the GFC (view “The Warning†http://www.pbs.org/w...e/warning/view/), plus 2 wars on the credit card....and Romney wanted to return to more of the same. Obama is one of the best presidents the USA has ever had.

But for the sour grapes obstructionism of Republicans in passing legislation, the USA and the world would have been out of this mess by now.

Romney said “I love my country. I believe in Americaâ€...let’s see if actions speak louder than words, or will the GOP stand by to watch USA self destruct just to score a few political points.

:beer:

10 dire consequences of Obama’s re-election victory

Natural News

Nov 7, 2012

This puts America in a very dangerous situation, given Obama’s well-demonstrated desire to destroy freedom and liberty in America. Remember: Obama is anti health freedom, anti food freedom, anti GMO labeling, anti medical freedom and anti farm freedom. He’s the one who issued an executive order claiming government ownership over all farms and farm equipment, in case you forgot that little fact.

He’s also the guy who just recently issued an executive order merging Homeland Security with local corporate entities to grant the executive branch of government a power monopoly over the nation, bypassing the courts and Congress. You probably haven’t even heard about that one, because he secretly signed it during Hurricane Sandy.

Given Obama’s atrocious track record on freedom during his first four years in the White House, here are my top 10 predictions for the next four (if America even lasts that long before ripping itself apart):

#1) Huge expansion of TSA and the surveillance state

#2) Expansion of secret arrests of American citizens

#3) Acceleration of national debt blowout and endless fiat currency creation

#4) Rapid expansion of GMOs and USDA collusion

#5) Increasingly dictatorial government health care

#6) Immediate surge in sales of guns and ammo

#7) Accelerated erosion of the Bill of Rights and civil liberties

#8) Continued destruction and looting of the U.S. economy

#9) A “giant sucking sound†of employers leaving America

Ross Perot was right! That “giant sucking sound†is the sound of employers leaving America in droves, hiring offshore workers instead of creating jobs in the USA. And why? Because employers can’t afford to pay Obamacare mandates and still stay competitive in the global marketplace.

#10) Stepped-up attacks on veterans and preppers

Returning U.S. veterans will continue to be vilified by the Obama administration, to the point where even more veterans will be arrested as “terrorists†for engaging in fundamental preparedness strategies such as storing food, water, medicine and ammo.

Watch for the liberal media to join the White House in painting veterans as “dangerous†individuals needing psychiatric medications. Never mind the fact that the media owes preppers a huge apology in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

As humorous as Flasher's demotivational poster is, its bang on. Have to wonder if Romney secretly breathed a sigh of relief thinking 'Well, it wasnt 2 billion dollars of MY money !' and went back to being just another rich Governor in a nation that seems to have quite a few. One of the talking heads here claimed that corporate America will be looking for answers from the Republicans along the lines of 'We threw billions at you and you still couldn't get the job done ?'. The last time they had a Democrat they didnt like, someone at the CIA took 'executive action' - lets hope it doesnt come to that.

Don’t forget whose mismanagement it was...Bushit’s...deliberate neglect of the derivatives and mortgage market leading to the GFC (view “The Warning†http://www.pbs.org/w...e/warning/view/), plus 2 wars on the credit card....and Romney wanted to return to more of the same. Obama is one of the best presidents the USA has ever had.

But for the sour grapes obstructionism of Republicans in passing legislation, the USA and the world would have been out of this mess by now.

Romney said “I love my country. I believe in Americaâ€...let’s see if actions speak louder than words, or will the GOP stand by to watch USA self destruct just to score a few political points.

:beer:

I think Romney rides off into the sunset now, won't have much influence as a loser and without any office.

Now I'm a Democrat, voted for Obama and every Democrat in the past. It does feel good to blame Bush and the GOP for 100% of the country's problems, but didn't Clinton sign the housing plan that helped lead to the sub-prime mortgage crisis? and didn't some key bank deregulation measures that contributed to that mess get signed by him too? Maybe we shouldn't be hoping for bi-partisanship after all. (I do think GOP had more blame in creating the mess, just not exclusive blame-- 65-35 about.)

A lot of stuff in this thread is at a level that's not really worth responding to. The country's not going in the tank, wouldn't have if it had been Romney and won't now that it's Obama +4. Main differences with Obama -- no chance of neo-cons getting their hands on the reins again and starting any more unnecessary wars, there's some chance campaign finance reform might eventually happen (need a switch of balance on Supreme Court for that), we get on track in direction of controlling healthcare costs (expect modest gains, cuz Obamacare ain't anything close to NHS), abortion issue goes away finally maybe for good--can you believe it? About freaking time. How long have we had to listen to endless noise on this one, and thus not got to hear about lots of serious issues that slipped under the radar (basically everything that contributed to the recession and financial mess). After abysmal showings by Akin, Mourdock and other tea-partiers (incl last election--Sharon Angle, the non-witch whose name I can't remember), abortion is now going to be political kryptonite.

Archived