Parasite Medicine

Coss

Given the likelihood that I'm going to ingest some sort of parasite here in Laos, I was wondering if anyone knew the names of any anti-parasite meds than can be purchased at a pharmacy.

They have a lot of good cheap pharmacies here in Laos, but it helps if you know the name of what you're after, before you ask the counter assistant, otherwise, if they don't recognize the brand name, it'll be the standard response of "No have".

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Coss

You might not want to kill them all. Been some good work coming out about the role od bugs and critters in immune response.

Autoimmune diseases – like Crohn’s, multiple sclerosis and type 1 diabetes – were virtually non-existent back in the day. Since people didn’t frequently bathe or wash their hands as often (nor was hand sanitizer around), the filth actually activated an immune response. Subsequently, those who live in third-world countries also have a lower rate of developing these sorts of diseases. By a lot!

Some are even looking at this as a cause of autism....

I've always operated on that principal, I've only ever had Flu, Common Cold and Measles. Broken lots of things, have almost destroyed my health with alcohol and cigs (no more). But never a real disease or the like, I put it down to eating dirt as a kid and not being kept in a clean room all my life.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always operated on that principal, I've only ever had Flu, Common Cold and Measles. Broken lots of things, have almost destroyed my health with alcohol and cigs (no more). But never a real disease or the like, I put it down to eating dirt as a kid and not being kept in a clean room all my life.

Also the vaccinations you had. Dont forget those...!

Archived