The Anything Goes Music Thread!

Flashermac

Now there is a trance version of that Verve track. Couldnt find it so stayed with this ..... another person walking down the street ....... brilliant tracks btw (Verve and this one)

W

Many Trance Versions available online this being one of my fave's a progressive trance remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kW6nma-Fg

Are you sure are not from my neck of the woods, The Verve and New Order in the same post consecutive posts, (Massive Attack Blue Lines Album is on my Playlists BTW)

• Like 1

W

Many Trance Versions available online this being one of my fave's a progressive trance remix

Are you sure are not from my neck of the woods, The Verve and New Order in the same post consecutive posts, (Massive Attack Blue Lines Album is on my Playlists BTW)

I used to be a diskjockey on a local radio station for a year or 2 doing the morning show together with someone else as I had to run out to go to school at 08.15 (I was 16 at the time). From the 90ties I know most commercial tracks by heart (the ones that charted in the top 40). I spend all money that I earned on buying CD's quite expensive at the time as CDs where a new thing.

I have always loved music of any kind really, through classical and opera too trance and most things inbetween. I see music as an expression of someone's soul. There is no bad music in my opinion, only music I personally do not like, or I do not like at the moment is is played as it doesnt reflect my mood. I hate it when people diss music, just because you do not lke it doesnt mean it is bad. If there is just one person liking a piece of music it has reached its purpose imho.

Music is constantly evolving. Every generation in every country has its own "tunes". New classics are constantly being made we just do not know untill 10-20 years later. I personally hate the over hyping of some songs/ time periods (60/70s) which makes me hate the music as I feel the "hype" is overdone.

Now the clip at the bottom is from when I lived in Suriname from 1985-1989. Huge hit there (and when I returned to Netherlands in 1989 it was the summerhit there LOL). Zouk and Kassav where 2 wildly popular music styles from the caribbean in Suriname.

And to all the there is no good music since the 70ties people I can only say ..... open your ears ..... the best song still needs to be made :)

I like this version a bit better because of the Piano in there. I love almost anything with a piano in there. Sentimental reasons. My first girlfriend in Suriname used to play the piano for me. Sometimes for an hour or 2 on end!