Attention Iguru's

radioman

So I've got a little App store problem and wonder if anyone here can help.

I have an App store account, Apple ID. My UK credit card is attached to it and it says I can use the UK App store. My daughter has an Apple ID, it says it is attached to the App store in Thailand. she has no credit card attached to her ID, it was set up on her phone.

I wish to purchase an App for her with my ID, and pay for it through my credit card of course.

Can anyone explain the process by which I can achieve this?

Thanks

Try this: I would log out of her ID on her her phone, log in with your ID , purchase, then log out yours. But the Apple ID system is really annoying, I've only now got mine sorted after years of dicking around with them. They seem to tie you to the country you set it up in, despite the advent of international air travel.

Thanks, that's what we did, I think. It worked okay since I trust her not to go on a shopping spree with my ID and luckily the app she was after is available in both the Thai and UK apple stores. I forget exactly what caused mine to switch to UK, I think it was the credit card registration that forced it to the UK store.

Archived