Obese, Lazy & Greedy

No boyfriend not obese or greedy,

But the incidence of obesity in Thailand is significantly higher than in most other countries in the region, 2nd only after Malaysia.

http://www.thailand-...y-mcot-net.html

With respect to childhood obesity, statistics from Thailand's Ministry of Public Health paint a troubling picture. In the past five years, the percentage of obese pre-schoolers rose from 5.8 per cent to 7.9 per cent, whilst in school-age children the obesity rate went from 5.8 per cent up to 6.7 per cent. These figures represent obesity growth rates of 36 per cent (pre-school age) and 15 per cent (school age). Among Thailand's young adults (those in the 20 to 29 age range), the obesity rate over the same period increased by 36 per cent among men and 47 per cent for women

post-55327-0-47725600-1405002395_thumb.jpg

I've seen major changes in eating habits over the years I've lived in Thailand. For one thing, western junk food was unknown here when I arrived. There were no donut shops, ice cream parlours etc. The closest thing you could find to McDonald's was a small chain called the Ho Burger. People ate Thai food for 3 main meals, with lots of snack in between (usually just fresh fruit). Nowadays, I see university students pigging out day after day on ice cream sundaes, western pastry etc - sometimes not even eating a meal to go with them. Thais are taller and fatter than 20 or 30 years ago. The same thing happened to Japan. If you want to know what Thais used to look like, go to Laos. :p