About the young guys in bars issue....

Cyborg

I`m 20 years old, with 3 trips to Thailand behind me...

Some of you guys would say : you lucky bastard and some would say : he`s only going to Koh San

road with no money.

My favoritte spot in Bangkok is Pharons Bar in NEP and i only stay at the Nana hotel and always makes some side trips to Pattaya.

So i am what you would call your " average Sanuker in LOS " People say " how to you get the money ? "

I do have some money on my hand, but not a rich little brat who drives dads car. Nuff said...

I post a lot on Thai related bords and from time to time I get the email saying that I should shut the fuck up, that I`m

only a boy and don`t know shit..... But most of my mail I get from people who are inntrested

in what LOS looks like to a 20 year old... And some of theese people have becommed my freinds over the last year

naturly not all of my friends back home are to thrilled about me "fucking thai whores and paying for it"

They tend to belive that I`m gonna end up like a sad old fuck with no joy in my life exept going to Thailand.

I just blow them off by saying that I`m having the time of my life down there and what could

be better than to be 60 year old and have a girlfriend at 25 ? who "loves" you and takes better

care of you than any western women would ever do.. ?

For that`s got be paradise to me at 20/30/40/50/60/70/++++++year old of course nobody who has nver been to

LOs can not understand this statement.

But I have been thinking alot about this in the last couple of weeks and.....

I am hooked on Thailand ! And I will be hooked on Thailand for years to come, right now Im pleased to be hooked with Los,

but do I really want to live my life home in the west just waiting for time to go bye so That I can go to Thailand on my

5 times a year vacation ??? I don`t know, but when I think about it, it does sound like the life of an sad fuck...

Who was it that said "life is what happens to you, while you where making other plans" ?

Anyway, I reackon this feeling of lust to Thailand will not go on forever, but if it doesn`t

there is something really wrong with me and my goals here in life, I think....

Don`t take the wrong way, I do have friends, I go to school and I should be perfectly "normal" if you know what I mean ? but I ain`t, I got the Thai flu BIG time !

Any of you guys experienced this ? And how did you find the balance between LOS and back home ?

My spell checker is not working, so sorry if there should be any wrong spelling in the post.

Hi Cyborg, I was in a similar situation to you...discovered Thailand as part of a round-the-world trip after Uni, did the KSR thing, went back to UK for a job then kept returning back to Thailand with friends (never again staying at KSR I might add) and learning more and more. Now 5 years on I still make the bi-annual trip back and time has gone quickly...still have the dream to live there instead of holidaying there, but there are always ties in your home country and reasons not to do it. However, no harm in trying it out for a year or so to see if it works while you're still young and single...try and find a job and come back if you get fed up or broke for a better paid job/more security.

One of the best ideas is to set up a business with links between your home country and Thailand, whether it's a web trading company or importing silk. The people I know with this type of business have the time of their lives going back and forth, without the worry of being replaced.

I'm just waiting for the right time..which has to be soon :-)

How did some of us balance between LOS and back home? Well, some farangs here whom I know jumped ship and live here and go "back home" (except that "home" is here now) once every one or two years, like some people come to LOS once a year or so. Me, I've jumped ship completely. There IS no "back home" anymore, and I rarely, if ever, go to where "back home" once was, and on the chance occasion in a decade when I might go, I feel slimy and can't wait to get the fuck back HERE. I'm here. I love it. I'm staying. I have no regrets.

Welcome aboard, Pardner.

Nanaplaza.com/ baronbonk.com/ Stickmans weekly/ Stephen Leather books etc.

All of these & more help to provide balance when back home.

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: KhunCoCo ]

Cyborg,

i was 19 when i discovered LOS. i'm from a mid class family aswell and have to pay much if not most things on my own. my only advice i can give u is get rid of the bkk blues as soon as u can, dont let that thing keep you busy for more then a month after returning from los. then go back to work, enjoy your country with its mean people and have fun in the weekends with your old friends.

return to los again when the vacation and monetairy possibility is there. in meanwhile keep contact with your friends in los.

i cant imagine living in los so i keep it that way

Age doesn't matter, young man. "Back home" is where you feel comfortable AND understood. "Home" is where somebody loves you. You have the opportunity to go ahead and qualify for a job that is in international demand (any kind of 'engineer' springs to mind) to make a living in different places and check out where you feel "home".

It may - or may not - be thailand. If SEA attracts you only because of cheap and pretty pu*ssy: better stick to being a visitor. You may be young, but to the working girls you're just another john. Feel 'misunderstood', but be true to yourself.

I heard somewhere that if U reach the 1000 pussies mark before 25 U get free barfine for life in Nanaplaza.

Keep up the hard work Cyborg!!

quote:

...Who was it that said "life is what happens to you, while you where making other plans" ?

John Lennon, I think?

Good luck to you, Cyborg. Not sure if I'd have liked to discover LOS aged 20: might have been far too much of a sensory overload and I'd never have been able to pull myself away and get the "organised" bits of my life together, the "ordinary" bits (job, savings, marriage, divorce, bankruptcy, rebirth) I waded through before I was introduced to sanuk in Thailand during my late 30s. Then again, you seem a lot more sorted out than I was at 20. I was talking to some middle-aged mates one night in the pub and we were wondering, if we could meet our 20-year old selves, what advice would we give us. One guy said, "If I could meet my 20-year old self, I'd punch him in the face and tell him to stop being an arsehole!" We all laughed, but there's a good bit of truth in there too. Your ideas may change with the years. You sound okay, though. Just don't get jaded but, equally, don't stop enjoying. Make sure you have some kind of structure in your life to support you through the dry, sanuk-less times. frown.gif" border="0

And, yes, if anyone had given me similar advice when I was 20, I'd have thought he was a stupid old prat too.

Rock on.

Jack wink.gif" border="0

Archived