About the young guys in bars issue....

Cyborg

Hi,

I've discovered LOS relatively young too. I first arrived here when I was 23 and I've now been living here for about 8 months with no intention of going home in the near future. I couldn't handle the idea of living for my 2 weeks a year so I've just moved here lock stock and barrel. I have a decent paying job but I try to avoid the bar scene....

Not living in BKK... loving life right now.

I'd recommend moving here to anyone!

If anyone thinks that a 50 year old gentleman who goes to LOS for satisfaction is sad and pathetic, then what the hell do people think of f*ckheads who have to face the same tired old gray haired snatch attached their bitchy wives who take their husbands for granted and just dump on them as if it is a right of marriage? Again, which life is more pathetic? crazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by fiery jack:

John Lennon, I think?

Good luck to you, Cyborg. Not sure if I'd have liked to discover LOS aged 20: might have been far too much of a sensory overload and I'd never have been able to pull myself away and get the "organised" bits of my life together, the "ordinary" bits (job, savings, marriage, divorce, bankruptcy, rebirth) I waded through before I was introduced to sanuk in Thailand during my late 30s. Then again, you seem a lot more sorted out than I was at 20. I was talking to some middle-aged mates one night in the pub and we were wondering, if we could meet our 20-year old selves, what advice would we give us. One guy said, "If I could meet my 20-year old self, I'd punch him in the face and tell him to stop being an arsehole!" We all laughed, but there's a good bit of truth in there too. Your ideas may change with the years. You sound okay, though. Just don't get jaded but, equally, don't stop enjoying. Make sure you have some kind of structure in your life to support you through the dry, sanuk-less times.
frown.gif" border="0

And, yes, if anyone had given me similar advice when I was 20, I'd have thought he was a stupid old prat too.

Rock on.

Jack
wink.gif" border="0

Yes, John Lennon.

And an inspired post, Jack.

>> If anyone thinks that a 50 year old gentleman who goes to LOS for satisfaction is sad and pathetic, then what the hell do people think of f*ckheads who have to face the same tired old gray haired snatch attached their bitchy wives who take their husbands for granted and just dump on them as if it is a right of marriage? Again, which life is more pathetic? >>

I agree, I think that the rejection of the "old man - young woman" relationship is mainly promulgated by the older women in western society and the people who have to keep on their good sides. This group, is after all a large body of opinion in most western democracies.

Archived