Pattaya, Pig & Whistle, Flipper, Sunshine...

Coss

After 18 months away I feel a trip coming on and will spend some time in Pattaya. A few questions for those that may know...

Pig and Whistle. Has any one stayed there and are they still guest friendly? Any other comments?

Sunshine Hotel, any recent experiences?

Flipper Lodge, is "present your bus ticket for 1/2 price rooms" true, and can you easily distinguish the offer on the back of the bus ticket?

Any and all comments gratefully recieved. ::

Pig and Whistle hassle free. No ID, no nothing, you are responsible for your own conduct. period. Like it should be everywhere. The rooms are kept up, simple, with good cable.

Sunshine has new building, I checked a room, again, basic however new. Don't know about guest policy, seems hit or miss with these larger places, only the ID aspect, not the "joiner" fee. Never heard of joiner fee hassle along Soi 7 or Soi 8.

Read something recently about the 1/2 bus voucher at Flipper, don't recall where. Friends stayed at Flipper on Soi 8 and liked it, seems to me alot of bellboys/guards around. Same with Flipper House on Soi 7. Doubt joiner at either.

they may hassle for ID cards, which is labeling you a SLUT and your girl a WHORE by a guard makeing 100baht a DAY...at the instruction of course of a manager who only wants to protect his guest. I never stay at hotels which hassle me, label my girl and me.period.

cheers..

Nok the Kook

Sunshine - yep. I was there as part of the Rusty contingent.

Get a room in the new block; they're far better than the old ones. Having said that, my ground floor room in the old block was perfectly adequate but when I saw Kipster's room (new block) there was a hell of a lot of difference for not a lot more money. Staff are fine.

One more thing about the Pig and Whistle. They lock up the placed at 2am. They give you a key to the back door so you can come in at any time. You could walk in at 3am with 10 beach road girls, a goat, a pig, and a duck and there is no one there to say anything to you!

Archived