BKK to Pattaya by Limo/Taxi

Coloseum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By taxi don't pay more than 800 - 900 Baht.

Will take you between 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

Would not want to be in the 1 1/2 hour taxi trip myself (it could take the better part of that time just to get out of Bangkok at 6 PM). :eek:

I would allow at least 2 1/2 hours at a legal driving speed and much more if this happens to be a friday evening. I would also expect to pay a little more than the rock bottom 8-900 baht.

Hi!

I went in a Thai limo in dec. The cost was 1500 baht. The trip took less than 2 hours but was early sunday morning so not much traffic. If the traffic is heavy I insist that they take the upper toll ways and pay the extra 150 baht or whatever.

I normally take a taxi from the official taxi queue. The quoted price is usually 1300. I have never haggled so don't know if it is possible, however I doubt if you can get them down to 800. The last trip I took a taxi the meter was on and it ended up close to 1000 baht.

regards

ALHOLK

The tried and trusted Thai Airways limo service works well

http://www.thaiair.com/thailand/limousine/

For your return journey from Pattaya to Bangkok maybe use your Hotel to provide a private car/limo as most reputable hotels will use only reputable and reliable services for their guests - where I recently stayed in Pattaya (Areca Lodge - reccommended) they provided a private driver, a young bloke, who got me from downtown Pattaya to the Domestic Terminal in exactly an hour and a half, including fuel stop! This driver said that the incidents of metered-taxi "mafia" drivers robbing falang customers regulary was on the increase so the cheap 800bht metered-taxi trip to BKK may not always be such a good idea if you travel alone and late at night.

Trip from BKK to Pattaya takes up to two hours depending on conditions and driver and the cost for reputable services is generally around 1500bht - but hang around the limos for a while and you may find another sole traveller that you can cost-share a journey with.

This driver said that the incidents of metered-taxi "mafia" drivers robbing falang customers regulary was on the increase
Perhaps he had his own reasons for saying this? ::

I have not heard of any incidents that have involved a "meter taxi" so would take his comments with more than a little "grain of salt".

Hi!

I believe there are several limo sevices at Don Muang but in my experience the Thai Limo service is the best.

They aren't really limos by western standars but often Volvo and Merceds cars that are larger and more comfortable than a mtered taxi.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived