TAG Heuer Authorized Service Center?

CDN

Can anybody recommend an authorized TAG Heuer repair center (located in Thailand)? I have an old watch (1972 Monaco) that needs fixing and I'd like to have the job done right. You can send replies off-list if you wish, to either my private box or to e-mail.

Regards,

CDN

TAG Heuer Service Centre listed in my guarantee booklet is:

3rd floor Amarin Tower

500 Ploenchit Road

Pathumwan BKK 10310

ph: 02 938 1210

Good luck...and if not...would you like to sell the Monaco? It's a beautiful timepiece?

Thanks for the information, Richard.

My watch dates from 1972 (my birth year) and I can't sell it because it's a gift from my father. And yes, it will once again be a beautiful timepiece when I've had it properly serviced.

My father is a watch collector and one day he zipped open some cases and told me to pick a watch because "every young man should have a nice watch." He'd known for years that I don't like to wear jewelry (watches, rings, necklaces, etc.), but made the offer anyways. When I saw the Monaco I liked it and chose it. I was clueless about brand and value, etc. I just liked how it looked.

My dad acquired the watch second-hand. It's not in the best shape, being over 30 years old, and I marked up the original crystal more than once because it's a big, unwieldy watch. Getting used to wearing such a large watch takes time---watch out for doors! My brother jokingly calls it "Big Ben on a Wrist."

My watch has the classic square body and round face of other contemporary Monaco watches, but it's pins are old-fashioned pistons, not the square buttons featured on current designs.

I need to have my watch completely refurbished: cleaned, new crystal, new vacuum seal, the works. I'm dreading the cost, and I hope it'll be a bit cheaper because, well, it's Thailand!

Hmm...I wonder if I should make an offering at a wat before going to the service centre?

The TAG Heuer webpage's url is easy to figure out. You can go to this part of the site to get an idea of what my timepiece looks like:

http://www.tagheuer.com/watches/detail.lbl?watch=CW2111.FC6171&search=s:5;F:15;T:0;C:s;

Archived