Miss Drunk Thai Contest...oh, the shame!

rookie

Thai outrage over Miss Drunk contest

BANGKOK -17/1/03 - Thai senators have expressed outrage over a drinking competition for women held at a shopping mall in the capital yesterday as part of a promotion for Thai traditional wine and moonshine.

The winner of the Miss Meri contest, or Miss Drunk, would be the woman who manages to drink the most in 20 minutes without throwing up - or falling over.

...<snipped>...

Senate committee vice-chairman Rabiabrat Pongpanich branded the competition 'a disgrace to the prestige of all Thai women'.

While predominantly Buddhist Thailand is famed for its tolerance, drinking to excess in public, particularly by women, is frowned upon here. --AFP

I was thinking more along the lines of a hand carved teak base, imbedded with rubies and diamonds, with a paper airplane 'sick bag' on top.

All I know is, I'd pay 1,000 Bt. for the list of applicants. ::

HT

Says rookie:

The winner of the Miss Meri contest, or Miss Drunk, would be the woman who manages to drink the most in 20 minutes without throwing up - or falling over.

actually they only had 5 shots each and then had to walk zigzag between two rows of wine bottles (the purpose of the contest was to promote local wine!!!) and the quickest won the contest.

the real miss drunk contests take place regularly in SC/Nana bars!!!!! :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Archived