grace Hotel a Question

keith doug

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, paid it last night. For the THB 100 you get a voucher worth the full THB 100. The girls have to pay too. Beer is sold after 02:00 am and it will get very crowded after 02:30 am.

Enjoy it while it is happening.

IMO this won't last long.

It must of taken a huge pile of tea money to get this action happening again. But they are flagrantly flouting the law with the most "undesirables" (BGs and punters) as clientele, it's only a matter of time until they are smacked down again, and probably hard.

If restaurant, then cannot charge cover charge.

If bar, have to stop serving at 1 AM

If you have entertainment license, can serve until 2AM

NO ONE gets to serve legally after 2 AM especially to this clientele. Hope they got DEEP pockets, they are going to need them. :banghead: :banghead:

Yea, I wondered about this. They got shut down at 2 am right after I was there last. Now back up, and running again. What's the deal? Last known farang after-hours place, after Thermae closing. To be back up, and running again, indicates Grace has some serious pulling power, on their part. God only knows what the real story is. :dunno:

HT

"...NO ONE gets to serve legally after 2 AM especially to this clientele. Hope they got DEEP pockets, they are going to need them..."

Personally, I find the crowd at Grace to be most unsavory, trouble witing to happen! wonder if they are claiming the 100bht "cover" is an advance on your bill in case you skip out? Sort like some places in the USA charge in advance of serving As for skirting the law...how do those sidewalk bars get away with it?

Grace has been charging the 100 Baht entry fee at least since early November when I was there--and they were still doing so in early January. On several occasions police would come in and close down the main room--but the side coffee shop remained open virtually all night; at 4 am it was usually still packed.

Also, Grace seems to have taken over some of the functions of the Thermae--open very late, packed after 2 am. The crowd seems different than the Thermae, however: mostly younger crowd, minus the old Thermae dragons. I had not been in the Grace for years, and was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. Also, looks like most of the Arab crowd has disappeared from the premises.

Nich

Archived