hotel recommendations for phnom penh, siem reap?

I stayed at the Hawaii Hotel, $20, decent value for the money. Good location, especially if you want to spend some of your evenings at Sharkys (2-3 min. walk away). Every day I was there, I was asked by the staff if they could send a girl to my room for a 'massage', so I suppose it is guest friendly.

I stongly recommend you DO NOT stay at the Asia Hotel (Hotel d'Asie). The staff are friendly enough but pretty much screwed up everying involving my stay. The straw that broke the camel's back was their allowing moto drivers into their dining room to nag me while I was eating - that is an absolute F*cking NO-NO :: :: :: for any hotel in my books.

Harlequin

Nich - I missed that part in the original post (about guest policy). Don't know the answer as I only focused on Angkor Wat while in SR. My suggestion would be to ask them in an email, they are receptive to email communication. But if one is looking for a good place/good value after a long day of temple-hopping then Sapphir would be my recommendation. Good luck.

UAL--

Thanks. When I was in Siem Reap in November I stayed at a little guesthouse very close to the temples (Pavillon Indochine--located in the middle of some ricefields...). Great place, about $30 per night, gates closed at 11 or so but a gatekeeper on duty and no problem with guests--I just made sure they left early in the morning since the place is quite small.... Loved Siem Reap. Took a local BG with me to PP--which was a big mistake in one way: she stood out like a sore thumb at the Intercontinental... Like Jasmine wrote in another thread--everyone was looking at her, but not out of envy... A couple of my fellow americans on the boat to PP were scandalized. Nevertheless, had a great time, and the young lady was actually wonderful.

Nich

Says rovineye:

Says Peter1964:

I think you mean Big Luck. Stayed there in Dec. Great location. Liked it. No problem with guests.

Yep, sorry, of course you are right. I stayed there before too (before they got bombed and half of the hotel blow up) and I second your review. Nice place.

Btw, how are the newly built rooms? How is the pool?

Archived