Titty Twister on the Block

Sarisin

I presume from your reply that you are a Business Transfer Agent, and getting back to bar prices in Nana Plaza, I presume you know what Hollywood Rock went for about 18 months ago, this is a much better bar than Titty very well established, better location and alot lot bigger, which again makes Titty vastly over priced, some one posted that Santos was a good business man or should it be Con man at these prices? Caveot Emptor ( Excuse spelling I didnot take Latin at school)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you need to go back and read this entire thread shagwell, especially my last post, before calling Santos a con man.

Again, if you are thinking of selling your car, but not sure you want to sell it, you just might put it up for sale at an outrageous price to see what happens. If no one bites, you keep the car. If someone makes you an offer approaching your asking price, hey, why not?

I didn't know Hollywood Rock (1st floor, NEP) was sold 18 months ago. If it was, I agree with you that it does have a better location and, certainly is a bigger bar. However, you are comparing apples and oranges when you compare a large bar like that with a small bar like Titty Twister.

Now, if you are talking about the Hollywood Bar on the second floor (that may have sold), then I would disagree as that is basically a crap bar. I believe it is now called Secrets.

Again, Santos was merely testing the waters, that's it. He is a very good businessman. :D

I'll pass on the watch....how much for that bag of gadgets ??

Then again........

Is that the original Mickey Mouse watch with the luminous hands ? :grinyes:

Might have a deal here! :neener:

Says shagwell:

I presume from your reply that you are a Business Transfer Agent, and getting back to bar prices in Nana Plaza, I presume you know what Hollywood Rock went for about 18 months ago, this is a much better bar than Titty very well established, better location and alot lot bigger, which again makes Titty vastly over priced, some one posted that Santos was a good business man or should it be Con man at these prices? Caveot Emptor ( Excuse spelling I didnot take Latin at school)

hi Shagwell

sarisin's first line at the top of this thread are very clear :

quote :

As reported by the venerable Sir Stickman, one of my favorite gogo bars in Bangkok is for sale. Yes, the asking price of 13 million baht sounds absurd, but if Three Roses really went for 7.5 million, who knows? Besides, ever hear of a bargirl asking for 3,000 LT?

i don't think there is any reason to call Santos a Con man

this is Thailande

like eveywhere else it is offer and demand

see you

marc

"better location and alot lot bigger, which again makes Titty vastly over priced"

Does size really matter?

Sure profitability is more likelihood with a bigger bar. As the likelihood of pouring 380 drinks is higher than a small bar crunched. But can a small bar still get a higher price than a big bar?

Absolutely! I remember two years ago, when Titty Twister was voted the top bar for many months. At that time, they defiantly were ?The little train that can?

That little bar was pumping money. Going head to head with the big boys..

The reality is there are different buyers?

A. Buyers who only look at the bottom line and use rule of thumbs.

B. Buyers who look at the asset value( These buyers will give a brand new bar a higher bid price than a old one)

C. Buyers who want a hobby?money is not important

D. Buyers who want pride of ownership. They are the man, the myth and the Legend.

E. Buyers who are bottom feeders. Looking for a bargain.

This is why you can throw sometimes all valuations out the window. A business or anything for that matter is worth what someone will pay for it.

As an example...We have a simply stunning restaurant that is in a great location. The seller invested 13 million and is now looking to sell it at 6 million, as he is being transferred to Europe. The restaurant looks great, has a chef that makes 100,000 baht a month. However the food sucks and the service is worse. They do 20 covers a day. It?s an asset sale. A good manager could turn this place around. It?s waiting for an ?E? buyer. The price still has not dropped enough.

We also had a Noodle Shop that makes 260,000 Baht NET per month. They have already served 500 people by 8 am. They close at 2:30 pm. The place just prints money. This business sold in one week. We had some buyers look at it and turn up their nose (category D) while the first buyer who was (category A) could not wait to buy it. It in fact had a higher asking price than the simply stunning restaurant.

The point is, everybody is motivated by different things. Same as girls? some guys want a trophy and some don?t care what the girl looks like, as long as she don?t ask for money.

Welcome to Thailand, where it?s the same as the rest of the world. People are the same everywhere. What motivates you?

Great post, Showtime, and I agree with your evaluation of Titty Twister. It is clear to me from your post that you are very knowledgeable of the gogo bar scene here, particularly from a business perspective. Folks would be wise to consult someone like you before investing in a bar.

Speaking of Titty Twister, tonight (Friday), they will be having their 4th Anniversay Party - my time does fly. I'll be there rockin' as usual, but trying to avoid those damn tequila shooters. :)

Archived