Conrad: opening special

samak

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the other hotel with a topfloor restaurant would be the westin banyan tree on sathorn (second highest building in thailand after bayoke); they have actually 3 restaurants on the top:

saffron: thai

ban yun: chinese

vertigo: the highest al fresco grill and bar in the world

(quite a nice name for a restaurant at this level)

however they have a dress code!

Yes they are part of hilton and you can use your hilton card here.

No problem with guests. Walked straight in last night with girl in arm. They couln't of been more helpful. I couldn;t find my room. Turned out I had a right room number but turned the wrong way on exiting lift. Went back down stairs with girl and butler escourted us to our room.

$US87.00 in fairly good value except to have highspeed you have to pay 632 baht per day. I won't continue it when my 24 hours expires. But it is the fastest I have exp in Thailand.

I always use to stay at the Omni Towers but after 12 or so stays you get a bit bored at the same place. Might try the Marriot when I come back.

As for the Bayoke there appeared to be no problem bringing guests back there but at the time I was with my perm missus from the philippines.

Says asiahand:

$US87.00 in fairly good value except to have highspeed you have to pay 632 baht per day. I won't continue it when my 24 hours expires. But it is the fastest I have exp in Thailand. I was with my perm missus from the philippines.

so then post a bit more to get a high ROI on your 632 baht.

what's a perm missus from the philippines?

Says asiahand:

I always use to stay at the Omni Towers but after 12 or so stays you get a bit bored at the same place.

One of the big advantages with the serviced apartments is, compared to hotels the rooms are usually much bigger (80 - 100 sqm) and when staying longer than a couple of days, I feel more comfortable in a bigger room.

Archived