Pattaya needs a Thermae

stumpy

Okay I guess you love or hate the Thermae but after a week of trying to shout conversations in the Marine Disco I suddenly realise what I like about the Thermae.

Firstly you can actually hear yourself speaking and secondly it's bright enough that you can get a good look at the girl.

Tony's has largely the same problems as Marine but I think it's probably worse in that it's so busy it's a real effort to walk around the place.

Maybe Marine II should change from a disco to a more Thermae like approach, take away the pretence of being anything other than a pickup place. All they would need is a few more light bulbs and turn the music way down. I think it would be popular as the prime motivation of a lot of the patrons is to meet someone for the evening and it makes sense to make that as easy as possible.

Good idea or should I did out the jacket with the fastening on the back?? :neener:

I'm with you on this one. Especially liked [color:"red"]"All they would need is a few more light bulbs and turn the music way down. I think it would be popular as the prime motivation of a lot of the patrons is to meet someone for the evening and it makes sense to make that as easy as possible."

[/color] Great common sense, if you ask me.

Similarly, just today I was thinking about the Biergarten on Soi 7 . It occured to me that one large, relatively quiet and civilized place where freelancers could meet us clients would be a great replacement for a few of the beer bars in Pattaya.

I've been to Pattaya a few times over the years (by myself) and I usually get sick of it after one or two days, because I cannot bring myself to go into a beer bar, where all the girls are sitting within a square box on the other side of the bar, with some yelling "hello welcome" (never any variation on that line) which translates into "buy a

drink here". (OK, a few of the beer bars have girls sitting

outside the bar, but not too many). HOW CAN PEOPLE GO INTO THESE BEER BARS with girls inside a cage (almost). I guess another reason i don't go to beer bars is I rarely drink

beer (i guess they sell coke too, but i usually don't like to dink anything). I've always liked go go bars though...and i don't mind buying a coke there. So, since it takes about 1 or 2 days to hit all the gogos in pattaya, that's when i leave. I almost never find

a girl in pattaya.....usually because i rarely see one i want,

or if i do, she's already taken or ignores customers. And

if some of the freelancers would just WALK AROUND a little

bit and meet guys on the street (like soi8 or second road)

they could make could do pretty well. But, except for beach road (which i avoid at night because there's so much riff-raff: degenerates and derelicts haning out there) I never see free-lance girls walking around at night on the roads i mentioned. Ooops,

come to think of it, the one time i actually did meet a beautiful girl in pattaya was when she was walking down soi8,

and i ended up with her for a few days. so, YES: Pattaya needs thermae-type bars, and not the absurd bar with the name "Freelancer Bar" (absurd because they are not freelancers there, according to the definition we use here.

Marine 1 and Tony?s (and Marine 2 and Boom) are good places to pick up freelancers? but, they are also decent discos, and a lot of people go there to dance and chill. The last two are pretty much the only options for after-hours dancing and partying fun.

The most annoying thing about them is the old numbskulls that ruin the vibe by stalking around the dance floor with this desperate, hungry look in their eyes.

As far as a quite (relatively!) place to chat up freelancers? the entire length of walking street between 2:00 and 3:00 is flooded with off-duty gogo girls looking for action or a bit to eat in one of the many outdoor stalls that spring up everywhere.

Says june11:

.. So, since it takes about 1 or 2 days to hit all the gogos in pattaya, that's when i leave. I almost never find

a girl in pattaya.....usually because i rarely see one i want,

or if i do, she's already taken or ignores customers.

I agree with you on this and the comment on the 'freelancer bar' You do have the disco option it's true, but I don't think a dark noisy disco is the ideal place to meet a freelancer. I have never met anyone that I liked in a disco in thailand. Compared to other places in thailand I have never found girls in Pattaya to be attractive or all that friendly, mostly they want to drag you into a bar then leave you there. The a go go bars can be fun but not so much as bangkok and fewer of them. Last time I went to pattaya I spent three days there and never went out with anyone, maybe I am too particular.-peter

Uh oh, this could easily turn into the bkk vs pattaya thread =o

From my experience, I think the ladies in bkk are much better looking and they sure know how to screw but I just can not take the polution of Bangkok. I will have to go to the Thermae next time I am in BKK. Party On!

Rug

"The a go go bars can be fun but not so much as bangkok and fewer of them. Last time I went to pattaya I spent three days there and never went out with anyone, maybe I am too particular.-peter"

Says thai3:

The a go go bars can be fun but not so much as bangkok and fewer of them. Last time I went to pattaya I spent three days there and never went out with anyone, maybe I am too particular.-peter

After only 3 days in Pattaya, how can you tell the gogos are not as fun as BKK? I have lived in Pattaya for 8 months, and I never fail to have a good time when I go out. As for Pattaya having fewer gogos than BKK, I recently did a list of all the gogos I know of in Pattaya, and came up with 54 of 'em! I'm sure there are others that I am not aware of. How many does BKK have?

Archived