Single Again... Mai Pen Rai I Suppose...

MooNoi

If you got back together again, you would probably drive each other crazy. Even if she did remain faithful (and I doubt it), you could not trust her. You would be checking up on her, accusing her, and be without trust. Not a good relationship. Think too much all the time.

You will be alright for a few weeks, but will get the urge to return. Do not act in haste. Think it out clearly. You already know the answer one way or the other. Dig it out.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I hadn't checked the board since I posted this originally, and now I look at all these replies there, and it pretty much brought a tear (or two - I'm not ashamed to say it!), to my eyes.

I packed my bags, I've gone. It turned out she called in "sick" for her trip, so when I went back to leave she was still there - unfortunately. She begged me to stay, but I said "no". She told me she has told Mr. Captain "its over", but I said "too late". ("You said this too him once before, honey...")

She tried to stop me walking out the door and burst into tears. I kept going. She's called me on my mobile about 10 times in the last 2 hours, so I went to MBK and bought a new SIM card with a new mobile number.

Its over, I'm outta there, I'm gone, its history. And I really do feel good. Especially after reading all your honest, heartfelt, and sometimes funny, replies.

You know... I'm "only" 30, and still a young-buck compared to a lot of you guys, I'm sure. I know a lot of the "regular/package tour" farangs who come to Thailand look at people like me and you, having fun, partying, sanukking, and having the time of our lives in this great country, and frown and say "dirty old men", "sick bastards", "perverts"... whatever. But if they took a few minutes to sit down, talk to you guys, read this board, and open their eyes, they'd see people with great and caring hearts, who really don't like to see their "mates", or their girlfriends/wives hurting. Jasmine, I really appreciated your reply, too. It made for very interesting reading. You must be an amazing lady.

I'm actually going to head home to Oz for a week, and take stock and get my thoughts together. Then I think a week in Krabi is definitely on the cards. By myself, drinking beer, having fun and getting on with life, and trying to stay positive. Her's is the major loss, not mine. And yes... I do happen to have a couple of phone numbers of her friends at TG!!! :hubba:

(Just joking - I think would be a little too much loss of face for her, but should I care???!!!)

So... do you guys still meet in Woodstock on Fridays? I'd like to come along, (won't be until 3 weeks today - the 21st Feb I think), but I'd love to meet those of you who I can and thank you for your kind words and thoughts. I don't have a lot of income here in LOS, so probably can't afford to buy you a beer, but would like to give those of you who wrote, and who happen to be there, a very heart-felt thankyou from a Fly P. who's feeling a lot better about things today.

Thanks again.

Fly P. :( :: :: :) ::

Have you guys ever had a bust-up

You serious? Your in good company here.

She's still seeing the same Thai captain she was seeing before, and last night I packed a suitcase, walked out of the apartment

One thing you can be proud of is that you are strong enough to walk away. More importantly, she now knows how strong you are. ::

Nothing is more stressful than going out on your own with a limited income. Hope you post on how you make out. I wish you the best.

MaiLuk

Eject, locate & nail several of the best looking of her TG hostess friends (better looking than your now ex GF) and flaunt them. If you get to fuck enough of them she?ll be wild with jealousy, proud of you and come back crawling but of course by that time you?ll care less. Only one way to treat Vikki Vixens. Crush them.

:: :: :: ::

You are killing me. Crush those vikki vixxens. ::

The thing is, your right, she would go wild with jealousy.

". Sometimes I feel like finding a farang woman again. At least (most of the time), you have some idea of what they're thinking, and the cultural differences aren't so huge. Is it really worth the grief and pain and misunderstandings that go together with having a Thai partner?"

The smartest thing that has ever been said on any on these boards. I have been married with my Issan wife here in the USA for 5 years and I really doubt that I would do it again because as you said, we have no idea what they are thinking.

Jaybloom says ?we have no idea what they are thinking?.

Too true but I take another view of the differences between women whether farang, Thai or any other nationality. If they really want you they know how to make you happy wherever they come from geographically and socially. i don't think knowing what they think is so important... we can figure that out watching what they do, who else they are willing or unwilling to fuck, how nice, caring, thoughtful considerate and helpful they are and what they?re capable of and willing to throw into the pot (as opposed to taking out). Had two American wives whose final agenda (the vital-end game segment) was well hidden despite their ability to communicate very well and the complete absence of cross cultural issues.

HCNY

regards

3d

Without question, leaving was not only heart wrenching for the gal...but for you. One of the hardest thing to do after a breakup...is to really let go. The thoughts linger; everyday occurrances bring back memories. Being alone often is not good...your mind will wander back. All are a test of your will. I remember reading a book about breaking up and one of the things it recommended, in order to get your life back, was to do the difficult task of getting rid of all momentos you have of her...to include all pictures/photos. This is tough to do...at least it was for me the few times I've experienced breakips from long-term relationships (2-4 yrs!). But, the sooner you rid yourself of these things, the sooner you'll be whole again. Though ya might want to hid away a few of the nude photos..to peek at long after she's out of your life and mind ;-)

Hi jasmine,

Very interesting comments about the need for a Thai man. It puts into words an opinion that has been growing for me for a while now. My TGF has several times said that I should try and behave in a more Thai way. Of course this is very difficult for anyone who did not grow up in this environment and does not speak 100% fluent Thai. Even the language is not enough. You mention physical differences and of course the most likely one is size. My TGF is very small and, while not the biggest farang around, I am am probably bigger than average. I am sure that in some ways this is appealing to her, but maybe there is an equal appeal in Thai men who often are much closer to her in size.

I know she has had a Thai boyfriend while she has had a relationship with me because he phoned me to say how unhappy he was that she had left him last month. I know this was a long and very close relationship and I honestly don't believe it is permanently over. She has told me that it is finished but I know that she will go back some day.

For us their is no solution to this - either walk away, like FP, or accept it, like me.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

Khwai

Archived