Extras at the Amari Hotel

I was recently forced to spend the night at the Amari Hotel at Don Muang International Airport in Bangkok. By forced, I mean that I did not want to spend the big money (over 200.00 USD) on a hotel in Thailand unless I would be able to make full use of the hotels facilities; however, I had a bad case of the flu. I was zapped of all of my energy, and my flight was taking off early in the morning. So, I grudgingly opened my wallet and bent over for the royal shaft.

My original plan was to get a room down on Sukumvit Rd (near the NEP) so I could have one last full night of sannuking. My bout with the bug changed everything. Even though I was exhausted and laid up at the Amari Hotel, my mind kept thinking about my last sannuking options. I read an old post a while back about the Thai massage services at the hotel with the option to get extras. Unfortunately, I fell asleep before I was able to gather enough energy to give the Spa a call. Has anyone ever tried out the extra services at this hotel?? If you have, I would appreciate it if you would share your experiences.

Thanks,

Californio

Californio,

if you paid 200 US in the Amari, they have simply laid you. I booked room via tel and was quoted 165 which I firstly agreed but later on the plane I saw an advert where they offered 40 % discount to Thai passengers with same day boarding card.

On entering the staircase from Terminal 1 which leads to the Amari I was aproached by an Amari sales lady who asked me if I was looking for a room and I said yes but would not pay more than 90 US and she immediately agreed .This was more than 50 % on their rack rate.

Extra services after massage no idea.

cheers

Californio,

there is a massage and health club on the top floor.

Same floor as executive rooms floor.

There is a gym on one side and large massage area.

Trad massage and full service. Expensive. Same premium as the rooms.

Trad massage is "handled" by older ladies who will probanly offer hj.

Full service/ soapy 5-6 girls are brought to your room for you to choose from.

After selection it is the usual soapy 'massage". Long on soap short on massage

Archived