Best British food

greg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are you from?

Well if you follow my dialogue with Phil, why you'd want to I have no idea, it should be fairly obvious I'm from the US. (1776 ..terrible year, 1812 not so great either, blah, blah, blah)

Im assuming not Scottish.

Actually my mother's family are clan MacDonald from the Isle of Skye. You're not a Campbell are you? :cussing:

Dad's family is half Brit / half Dutch by way of Canada. Dad was a first generation yank. Prior to him they were all subjects of, or subjected to, Liz.

As this IS in Britain

Not as far as some of my family are concerned. Yeah it's the UK. But if you call them Brits they will correct you, "we're Scots."

For the record it is spelt Welsh not Welch

Yeah I know. That's called not paying a hell of a lot of attention to what I'm typing. Oops. Besides the Welsh have a pretty damn strange sense of spelling themselves. Mam

Nag ydyn. Dydyn ni ddim yn byw yn yr Affrig. What the hell is that? Excessive use of the letter Y.

Now that I've bored you with my genealogy I'm off to write some more drivel elsewhere.

Unless you're talking about the British food that comes from a keg (which actually is quite good), I wouldn't recommend taking your GF for British food unless you're trying to get rid of her...

Would the stuff they eat in Scotland be classified under British Food? When I visited there a few years ago the only thing worse than the food in the restaurants was the service! Ever tried haggis? yuk!!!

Would the stuff they eat in Scotland be classified under British Food?

Without wanting to start the same debate yes of course Sottish food is British

I used to live in Scotland and was never too keen on the way they fry everything from pizza to mars bars

Although I think haggis is lovely

It's not me who wants the GF to try British food, it's completely her own idea.

This thrad has gone so off topic

I was lookig for answers and recommendations but it seems to have provided everyone with the opportunity to slag off British food

Ah well some of us like it.

Archived