Another OZ Visa?

khunmi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to Bangkok next Thursday (27th) and to the Aussie Embassy on Friday to apply for a tourist visa for my TG. She is an ex bar girl but has been living at home for about 12 months - supported by me. She doesn't have a full-time job but owns a house which means she has something to go back to ( as well as 2 kids, mother & father etc).

I have every bit of paper known to man but the main thing they are looking for now is that you must prove that you have the financial means to support and, of course, get her back to Thai.

Try the web address below and it will give you a lot of onfo.

http://www.austembassy.or.th/visas/migrating_checklist_eng.php

I will be back in Oz on 18th March with my TG (thinking positive) and I will let you of my experiences with the Embassy. From what I have been told is that it is vital that you are their for the interview.

Regards

Robert

As far as 'means of support' being the main thing they are looking for, I found this to be the complete opposite when my gf first applied for a visa. I ffered whatever they wanted to guarantee her return etc and that included financial history and support, even a bond if they wanted it. bascially they told me that they don't give a hoot about that because they cannot force you to pay or refund any of their expense if they have to deport her etc. So in the end it was just up to our relationship. But that was a few years ago now, so unless they have changed things from this point of view.

Rootrats is correct, I spent 4 hours there with a friends GF, he met her in 2001, has been in a long distance rel with her since then, supported her, sent her shitloads of money, she has a hair salon, house registration, is 38 yrs old, used to be a nurse, but looks Isarn. No fukin way can you get a visa! they know, if she hasnt travelled before, forget it, they want to see a history of travel and returning to Thailand. She had 1 million baht in her account, doesnt matter a toss. If you havent lived with the girl for the past 6-12 months, or she hasnt been travelling before, places like Singapore, Hong Kong, and some of the European countries with lax visa requirements, then you are fighting an uphill battle.

Good luck though!! :grinyes:

>If you havent lived with the girl for the past 6-12 months, or she hasnt been travelling before, places like Singapore, Hong Kong

That's what happened to me in December: got turned down because my gf has never travelled abroad. Their wording was "you have never travelled together".

I was thinking of getting her to Singapore for 3-4 days package tour but everything was booked out.

Local Thai staff are doing their best to shit over Isaan looking girls.

They even asked me for something that does not exist, but I'll open another thread for that.

• 4 weeks later...

>Has anyone tried recently for a Tourist Visa

That was for a tourist visa.

They asked for her bank account (she had a bit more than 100K Bahts in there) but said - not enough. The account was a living one, long established, no large sudden money entries in there.

Employment record - she had something hardly verifiable.

Their final stand was - we should apply for a visa as people in a relationship and bring different docs to support it.

Next time.

Archived