Laptop question

Torneyboy

Many laptops touchpads are AFAIK already on the PS/2 bus and will have a PS/2 port on the back that you should just be able to plug a mouse into. I have been told that you are not supposed to plug and unplug PS/2 mice (same for Apple ADB mice) while the computer is on.

I have always used logitech mice and I don't ever recall having to install a driver, they seem to work quite well without any re-configuration. Of course some will probaly point out that I am missing out on the vibration or mood ring feature.

ag

"If i cant't get the avatar to work i think i will have a problem so will put up with it for now,,,,thanks for the info."

I don't understand what the avatar has to do with this ::

Usually the P/S 2 mouse works right away after plugging it in. If it doesn't, look for mouse setup in the control panel. It sometimes has switches disabling the tochpad and enabling the secondary mouse. Or you can specify that you want both working at the same time etc.

Cheers!

"If i cant't get the avatar to work i think i will have a problem so will put up with it for now,,,,thanks for the info."

I don't understand what the avatar has to do with this

Was a reply to a previous post...thanks for the info.

Archived