Cooking Rant from an Old Fossil

gobbledonk

I dont care how sensational the sex is, if a woman cant cook a basic, edible meal, then whats the use of pursuing a serious relationship ?

I can, and do, cook for myself, and I believe its one of those things that you simply learn to do when you leave home.

Am I the only one who feels this way ? Does everyone under 30 eat out every night ?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Artie,

Same here......... the love of a man passes through the stomach......

I eat most meals at home, and sunday the GF arrives and will take over the kitchen.

However, at 25 years, she admits she cant cook, as she never had to cook.

But she bought some books and will have 3 months here to learn without pressure :)

And her mom is only a webcam away :) :) :)

Cheers !

"Am I the only one who feels this way ? Does everyone under 30 eat out every night ?"

I don't know how to cook myself and its not on my list of qualities I care about in girls...

And this comes from a guy who was married to a TG who used to be a cook in Thailand, and who often makes food for the Thai embassy over here.

Cheers!

My TG can cook but isn't forced to because of our possibilities here.

There are plenty of good markets around with cheap, but most important good yummy food. :)

So she cooks about twice a week. The other days we buy our food and eat at home or we dine out.

But that's here in Thailand.

In farangland it'd be the other way round.

My father was a gourmet chef who ran a catering business when I was a kid. Naturally I was cheap labor. When you are the prep guy in a kitchen and your friends are all having fun you learn to hate cooking even when you have the talent for it.

Today I eat out on a daily basis and I refuse to boil a pot of water for tea. I would love to settle down at some point with a woman who can cook. I mean REALLY cook.

The problem I have with most of my previous girlfriends that could cook was that they hated taking pointers on how to improve their recipes or kitchen techniques. I have a discriminating palate and I let it be known. They know I won't cook but they get really annoyed when I venture in the kitchen and demonstrate. They realize that I can prepare the dish better than them and I guess it bothers their egos. Often this leads to snide remarks and resentment where they feel that I should cook for them more often. Do they not realize that I am the executive chef and I merely oversee and manage but rarely prepare the meals?

Why get pissed when I suggest that the hollandaise sauce needs paprika or that tarragon leaves add a nice flavor to carrots?

Every Thai girlfriend I have had has been an excellent cook of Thai food(according to my Western palate). One thing I noticed with them is that they too hate taking pointers while they cook.

"Darling you used too much shrimp paste" --"That is the way it is made Khun JJsushi, that is the way my mother makes it, that is the way it is supposed to taste, are telling me I am not a good cook, why do you talk bad about me?"

They know I won't cook but they get really annoyed when I venture in the kitchen and demonstrate.

jjsushi,

I've gotta admit that this would piss me off, too. I dont mind someone who is willing to 'pitch in' showing me how to do something, but 'know-it-all' types who coach from the sidelines really irritate me. If I were a student in your cooking class, then fine, but otherwise you'd eat what I cooked or go hungry, my friend.

Says artiew:

jjsushi,

I dont mind someone who is willing to 'pitch in' showing me how to do something, but 'know-it-all' types who coach from the sidelines really irritate me.

Every champion needs a coach!! How else would you know that you can't substitute butter with margarine and vanilla bean with vanilla extract?

How else would a woman know that a chefs knife with cutting board is faster and quicker to clean than a food processing machine or how to breath through your mouth when chopping onions?

Heck most women don't even know how to roast a turkey without drying it out(factory bred birds full of steroids cook the worst and have little or no taste). Someone has to show them how to properly soak the bird the night before so that it doesn't dry out in the oven.

I'm like Phil Jackson of the Lakers, I let the players play but with 3 seconds left on the clock I have to call the winning play.

Archived