Cooking Rant from an Old Fossil

gobbledonk

The GF is a great cook and one of the things I lub about her the most.

I don't cook. I don't have a GF who cooks. I don't have a girlfriend. I eat out always, and the food is barely digestable. I'm in purgatory. Please refrain from sending messages from heaven as they only cause discontent amongst the inmates. :onfire: :banghead:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says sky brow:

jjsushi," Properly soaking the bird ",to stop it drying out.Are you talking about soaking it in brine for a few hours before cooking?

sounds strange but tastes great.

sky brow.
:)

Yes sir. The best way to season the inner meat and prevent the drying out of these tasteless Frankenstein factory bred birds.

Says BelgianBoy:

JJ,

May I suggest you ask Khun Sanuk to open a "cooking corner" forum with you as moderator........

I'm interested to learn !

Cheers !

Thanks BB but I am just a hack that was forced to learn as a child by an evil father who was too cheap to hire professional labor. I break out in cold sweats and have flashbacks of my father rapping my knuckles with wooden spoon because I am not whisking some concoction of a sauce properly.

I avoid the kitchen like the plague but i am willing to proffer advice when I see a chick screwing up. We are brave by neccessity you know.

There are dozens of professionals by training on this board that would blow my kowledge of the culinary arts away.

Might I also add I was the head dishwasher and cleaner of the kitchen. It really irritates me when a woman does not know how scrub cookware, clean silverware properly or wash, rinse and dry glassware so that it is spotless. Don't they know they have to scrub the range to prevent greasy buildup? I think to myself what in the hell did your mother teach you as a child?!

I must it admit it pains me to see many women of my generation whose idea of cooking is to microwave or open a box of powdered instant whatever.

It is mandatory that the woman I marry be able to cook and clean the only exception would be if she was rich. There is also nothing sexier than viewing a woman bending over to reach the lower cupboards. gets me going everytime

I break out in cold sweats and have flashbacks of my father rapping my knuckles with wooden spoon because I am not whisking some concoction of a sauce properly.

The danger here is that we often become our parents. Perhaps your partner(s) become offended more by your tone than your actual advice in the kitchen. You are clearly dismissive of anyone who doesnt have your own understanding of food preparation and dishwashing technique, and I'm sure that this is apparent in your tone.

Be gentle - its a meal, not the SuperBowl.

My initial post was a reaction to the number of young women today who will flatly state that 'I dont cook !'. I'm happy with a steak, but some of these gals couldnt boil water - tragic.

Says artiew:

My initial post was a reaction to the number of young women today who will flatly state that 'I dont cook !'. I'm happy with a steak, but some of these gals couldnt boil water - tragic.

Dude in America the Men do the grilling! I don't know one guy that let's his lady touch the grill! Grilling is part of the sacred tradition of men cooking with fire outdoors. A fine steak deserves to be touched by live flame and monitored by a man with an alcoholic beverage in his hand. Women are suppposed to prepare meatloaf dude not steaks!

Ok i am single and have been for a while (my choice) i cook for myself and enjoy the fact that i can provide myself with a hot meal everyday if i want. I cook for friends and people from work but and this is the but...if a girlfriend can't cook basic meals then i do the cooking but she will help me as i am a great belever in a "skill" (although i think that cooking is not a skill) can be learnt to some degree by watching. An old girlfriend was a cheff and i learned loads from her by just watching her in the kitchen. Now hoovering...that's a whole different kettle of fish!!! :: ::

Archived