Worthington Cup

SiLeakHunt

Am in the kingdom and the Arsenal match and the Worthington was the most important thing on my mind..haha.

I've always said LFC only gets up for 2 clubs.

LFC came to play but I must confess I've seen better games from them as well as MUFC. It was boring for a while.

I'm very happy indeed as MUFC supporters were talking quadruple when they were 3 points off pace in the league this year. CL seems to be their best chance of any trophy and surprisingly I can see them in the finals if their present form in that competition is any evidence. It could be MUFC stand in our way for all 3 of our competitions this year. If it comes to fruition, its the kind of season you couldn't write a better story to.

The fact that this competition turned out to be so important to both clubs, tells us the kind of season both are having. I'm just glad its one more trophy that Fergie won't have.

This may have given a repreive to Houllier if there was any thoughts by the board of sacking him. If he doesn't win the UEFA cup or get a CL spot at least he can say he beat their much hated rivals in a cup competition.

Says SLH: "...it's not so much the winning, but who did the losing on the day..."

I couldn't agree more. Actually, I reckon the fact that the Worthless Cup is so patently a joke makes it even better that Man. Utd. lost in the final i. e. everyone can now say, "Man U?! Fuck, man, they couldn't EVEN win the Worthington Cup, never mind the League/FA Cup/CL (here's hoping ::) etc. etc. ..." :grinyes:

j :neener:

"Granted it usually is the Worthless Cup but this year everyone seemed to field a strong side. even Man U "

Yes, times have changed. The income from such a small cup is important enough now for the big ones to care about it also.

So don't expect the Worthless cup to be put to death soon.

Cheers!

but it's not so much the winning, but who did the loosing on the day

I must agree with you on this. I haven't thought about it that way. ::

So who lost the previous edition if this Worthless Cup?

(i'm not joking, I really don't remember :))

Do you Reds (I'll leave out the suffix 'scum cunts' in how I usually refer to your side :: --joking...partly) think you can get a CL spot? I persnally think Chelsea has a better side and you have a better side than Everton but the Blues have not show they can win down the stretch and LFC did great in the last 10 or so games last year. Will the UEFA cup be an advantage or disadvantage in trying for a CL spot?

I am glad for Owen. His confidence and form couldn't come back at a better time. I like Baros in their with him. What about a 4-3-3 with Baros, Owen and Heskey?

Archived