Best universities in BKK ?

Coloseum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know it depends on what you study. My GF and her family are quite sure that ABAC is the best Thai university for everything to do with economics/industrial managment (MBA etc.). My "Dad in Law" for example hires for his offices mainly ABAC graduates, which he pays very well (above average) to keep them with the complany for as long as possible.

Chula is supposed to be the best in medicine.

But I haven't been there, so I can't tell for sure. Good thing at ABAC is, that the study is completely in english. That means her english is far better then mine. So no problem at all with communication.

HI..

I do agree with you..Those two Uni are the eldest Uni in Thailand and the person who established those two were a very important person , King Rama5 and 6 for CU but sorry cannot remember the name for TU but someone in the Law..

So in the past everyone would love to study there and of course would love their kids to be there too...

I am graduated from CU both BA and MBA. I do think that they need to do some work to improve themselve..or else they will not be the best one anymore compare to all those new Uni that establish in thailand at the moment...Anyway, I still feel pround and happy to graduated from CU anyway :hubba: and I want CU to be the best Uni in thailand anyway...Actually i cannot say much about TU but for CU i really do think they need to work something out...

some people said CU always get the best material for the input but the output always be the poor quality product..so something wrong with the processing then.....

cheers,

Nhu Malee kha

Hi!

We have a similar prestigeous university of economics in Stocholm although probably at a lower level than CU as personal prestige is probably slightly less important here.

A student from there once told me that a MBA from University of Stockholm (where I was studying computer science) was just as good. However at the Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration they developed personal networks that lasted life long and was a great help when making a career. I suspect that similar condition might exist in Thailand.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi,

I agree that it depends on the subject. When I was finishing Triam Udom High school which was a prep school for Chula at one time, most of my classmates chose Chula. I wanted to study Linguistics with some concentration in law and the best one available then (in the late 60s) was Thamasart and I chose Thammasart. MBA was not mentioned then. Come to think of it, if my memory serves me correctly, even in the USA, the MBA was not a popular one until early 70s.

When I got to the States, the scholarship was for Linguistics but I ended up working professionally in IT :neener:

Things have changed a lot but the Chula and Thammsart are still offering many effective and usable, quality subjects. :bow:

Cheers! ::

Hi,

[color:"red"] A student from there once told me that a MBA from University of Stockholm (where I was studying computer science) was just as good. [/color]

I have been in my career so long that where I graduated is no longer important. However, it helped when I first started my career that I graduated in my field from the top 10 U. in the States.

In Thailand, private universities seem to gain a bit of strength such as ABAC. I met only one person who has a BS from there and I could not tell whether he was anything special.

the fees of most of these private colleges/universities scare the heck out of me!!! :: Easpecially when you think about the average Thai income, the diparity of the rich and the poor is getting wider and wider ::

Cheers!

The base price for the 2 year MBA at ABAC is around 200000 Baht for THAIS. But according to my gf, you have to add about 80 % in hidden fees, makes about 360000 Baht for 2 years. And that's just fees you pay to ABAC, nothing incl. (books, acco. etc). Foreigners pay of course more.

The Base price for a Master in International Business is 800000 Baht for THAIS. Add the 80 % then we are talking about 1.5 million Baht for two years. But that includes already the fee for 6 months in the uk. But of course no flighttickets, accomodation, etc. included. That's all extra.

But of course you need the bachelor before you can do the master. And the Bachelor is again around 270000 to 400000 Baht (+80 %).

So, send your kid to ABAC, and it can sum up quite a bit.

Cheers,

Daniel

"I know for sure that the most expensive has to be Assumption University (ABAC),"

Nope, had a GF there and her parents were spending much less than others I know who have their kid in Thammasat international. I suspect some western related campuses to be even more expensive, like the South Hampshire's one

As for ABAC level of education...well...I'm not impressed

I know I might be hitting a nerve here but IMO none of the Thai Universities are any good. From what I hear from quite a large number of expatriate English University teachers here in Thailand, Thai students are NOT encouraged to do research, compare theories, deffend opinions etc etc, they are merely expected to memorize facts given by the instructor and put it on paper during the exam. This is, I must admit second hand information I got off teachers teaching at some of the leading public Universities here in Bangkok; I tend to believe it, though. I hardly see my missus read and most educated Thai in my office tell me that reading is boring and "serious" (whatever that means).

In a few years time I will be sending my youngest son to Australia to go to University there, at least there, he'll be expected to do some serious reading and thinking, and not merely memorizing facts if he wants good grades...

Archived