Chumphon Cabana

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cabana Beach?

That's where Thalenoi lives! 200m from the sands.

Pretty much Thai place. Food great and dirt cheap. A feast for 4 (with drinks) goes around 400 bhts.

Just poked around the site. Yes, I think I am not confused here, Thalenoi is 2-3 minutes walk from there.

You could have stayed with him in his 5-bedroom house (assuming he's still renting it). 500 per room per day.

He would not accept a credit card but there is no luck of trust.

Hi TTM,

Yes.....First thing I thought of, when heard of the town. Will definiatly look him up, if he is in town the first week of May. Selected hotel because have pre-scuba lessons in their pool, and are very activity oriented, at least according to their site.

Haven't been able to find any restaurant sites in the area, but seems to be very reasonable, price wise, concerning everything else.

R/t air-fare from BKK, hotel trasfer, 2 nights stay, airport transfer, buffet breakfast = 3,990 baht per person. WOW.....We're exstending for an additional 2 nights, at rack rate.

Any sanuk options in the area, in case I get bored? :: I think you can be arrested in Thailand for going 4 days no sex. Nope....don't tell me. I'm going to do this. 4 days with a non-B/G. I can do this. I know I can. ( :dunno:)

HT

>Haven't been able to find any restaurant sites in the area, but seems to be very reasonable, price wise, concerning everything else.

Prices at the restaurant on the beach felt unreasonably cheap, comparing to Hua Hin or BKK.

The restaurant is in front of the bungallows, on the beach. I think they shut down 8:30pm (kitchen) or so but you can stay as long as you want, even bring your own drinks after that.

Nice open little wooden huts for 6-8 people, between you and the water - only the beach.

Walking distance, there are 3-4 more restaurants and line of food stalls.

All restaurants are "open air" with a roof and a bar/kitchen in the middle. No airconditioned ones, I haven't seen. Look cleaner and more attractive than BKK side street eateries.

Minimart nearby, beer and spirits.

>R/t air-fare from BKK, hotel trasfer, 2 nights stay, airport transfer, buffet breakfast = 3,990 baht per person. WOW.....We're exstending for an additional 2 nights, at rack rate.

It's cheap! Unbelieveable!

Haven't been inside the bungallows but from outside some of them looked a bit tired.

Make sure you have something to repel the mosquitos.

If you are after some dynamics during the day (jet ski, water sports...) forget it.

There is absolutelly nothing other than sea water. Oh, inflated truck tyres can be rented I think.

Good opportunity to get to know you new friend. The beach is long, could be half an hour or longer walk in one direction.

I enjoyed my stay there but for some, 4 days may be too long in such a quiet place. Bring some social games, just in case.

Sanuk: No idea. Did not even think of it (had my gf with me).

Hi TTM,

Thanks for info. Yea....looks like a real quiet place, at night. This is going to be real interesting. If I don't fall in love down there, don't even think about booking a room at Taboo, in NEP, the night I get back to BKK. Won't be any rooms availible for at least 4 hours. :grinyes:

What is the actual town of Chumphon like? Streets wind up at 8:00pm also? :(

HT

>What is the actual town of Chumphon like? Streets wind up at 8:00pm also?

You won't see anything of it. The beach is 17km away. If you have a bike or a car, you can go.

A little 15-20K people province town. Has KFC and few supermarkets, all banks, ATMs. One could live there I suppose.

Not really worth trouble unless you have some things to do there.

Leaving Bangkok tomorowr morning for Chumpong, no idea where to stay.

The only thing I need is a bungalow right at the beach.

Anyone any idea within the next 60 minutes?

Thanks. :hug:

>>>>On net it looks good. But in the reality its looks like Norman Bates Motel.

This resort is a good place for a making of Horror B-Movies! <<<<<

Yea. For the price, I'm not expecting much. As long as the air/con works........ :) I'll write a report when back home.

HT

Archived