Chumphon Cabana

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HT,

Haven't looked at accomodation for some weeks and was at the gf's sister marriage last saturday and days around.

As TTM informed you very well on the place, all you have to do is pay me a visit.

The Cabana is a 600m walk from my place. They do have a nice swimming pool, it's not new but looks to be a decent place. Besides the huts I think they have 2 small blocks of rooms, everything is in a nice garden setting (flowers, snakes and scorpions on site :hubba:) They are environmental friendly (have some special energy saving equipment for aircon and warm water)

4k baht is dirt cheap, considering a one way airfare Chumpon-bkk to be 2350 baht.

If you need to know something pm me.

Hi thalenoi,

Would love to take you and missus out to dinner, while there. I'll PM you closer to date (arrive Chumpon April 30th).

Thanks for the "snakes and scorpions on site" reminder. :(I'm more concerned with mosquitos's though. Heard can be quite bad in that area. I will look foreword to meeting you. :)

HT

HT,

Invitation accepted, eager to meet you.

Mosquitos bite for one hour at dusk. Use Jaico or Autan repellent before leaving hotel room. It's not that a big problem.

Besides the Cabana restaurant have also around 10 places alongside the beach, I only frequent a few of them.

Make sure you get bungalow or room in building according to your preference. If you don't like the rooms you can still sleep at my place and use the Cabana's facilities ::

HT,

Just saw the thread......... and I have been there twice to visit Thalenoi, last time with TTM........

Cabana is indeed a bit run down, make sure to have lunch & dinner outside to many small restaurants within walking distance.

Also make sure to visit Thalenoi, he'll enjoy that :)

As for sanuk, forget it, make a knot, it is NOT available :) and town is 17 km away.

As TTM indicated, food is dirt cheap, dinner for 4 with mekong and mixers, schrimps, crab & others, 430 Bt :)

Just bring cash, no cards in those small places.

Have fun !

Cheers !

Hi BB,

>>>As for sanuk, forget it, make a knot, it is NOT available and town is 17 km away.<<<

:: :cussing::banghead: :onfire:

Anything (sanuk) in town, in case things do not work out for me?

Was also wondering if there is store there (cabana resort area), for simple nessesities? Thx.......

HT

HT,

First of all, by the time you get there, you will have proceeded already further with the girl, so get your hopes together, that is if you have not yet send her your pic, because if you did, all is lost :) :) :)

Seriously, I was told by Thalenoi that there are a few 'bars' catering to the locals in Chumpon, girls available at the expensive rate of 150 Bt per hour ..........

Shopping is no hassle : about 400-500 meter further away from Thalenoi on the same road that you have to take ( mind you, there is only one :) ) there is a very small minimarket that has it all......

I used to go there daily only for the icecream, which is way cheaper than in BKK anyway.

The shop even carries fishing gear.......

Cheers !

HT,

>>>Anything (sanuk) in town, in case things do not work out for me?

Bring your own, I will not give you mine :neener:

Shopping????

Besides the mini-market mentionned by BB there is a chinese family running an-al-you-can-buy-shop on the beach and there is a new mini-market futher down beach road where you can buy the same stuff: soap, noodles, beer, chips, what else??

Hi Thalenoi,

I thought you are living a some kilometers away from the beach, now I understand you are nearly neighbour to Cabana. What a pity, it would have been a pleasure for me to invite you and your wife for dinner. Until last week I stayed at the Ocean View, a place I can recommend. Bungalows only 20 m from the beach, A/C, - 700 bath. But as you told the board before, zero sanuk, no lights at all after 10 pm. Now I am back in Farangland, but my TGF from Isaan insits, that we have to go to this beach again next year. :)

LutherA,

Sorry to read we missed the occasion to meet.

You mention Ocean View, do you mean Sea View? I had dinner there last night.

Just one resort nearer to Cabana is Clean Wave I think with some brand new good looking bungalows and a new restaurant.

Many new bungalows have been built this year around the beach.

I live next to Khiddy's guesthouse, 400m from the beach, where a Begian ex-para soldier runs a Belgian restaurant with his thai wife. I do rent rooms occasionnally, have 6 bedrooms/bathrooms and need just one...

btw, a danish friend is living on the beach, not far away from Sea View, he rents this double house surrounded by a wall, do you happen to know him?

Let me know when you come back next year :(

Archived